Sunday, 24 October 2010

Smile

I thought I wouldn't make it with one more card tonight after all. I had a surge of sudden tiredness, after I had finished the previous post, but then Zuzia came in frolicking and I didn't have to worry about these things any more :)
The card that I'm about to show you, despite being quite simple, took me some time to make... I like how it turned out - the mix of dry & wet embossing, patterns, and the pop of colour.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV, American Crafts; stamps: Sweet n' Sassy, Papertrey Ink, Stampendous, Hero Arts; ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Tim Holtz DistressInk (Pumice Stone), VersaMark; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; clear embossing powder: Hero Arts; string available here; QuicKutz embossing folder (Diamonds and Dots)

I made it for FS194, with Lynnette (LynniePoo) being a Featured Stamper, but I'm afraid I ventured from CASEing to being loosely inspired in the process... I chose this beautiful card.
I also took the colours from Curtain Call 53:

Photobucket

Good night, sweethearts... I'll chime in tomorrow! Have a lovely day...
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I love that!!! That pop of color really makes the card! It's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Chupa. Love that butterfly. Lovely use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Chupa! Great butterfly and loving the silhouette you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo - i love the cloud embossing. gorgeous. sometimes it's the simple looking cards that take so long. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oeh, this card is very, very pretty!! Love all the layers and the colors and the stamps you used!! Gorgeous!!!! Thank you!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a pretty card ... your colouring on the butterfly is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely, Chupa! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterfly is gorg, and I LOVE the pop of red on the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Iwona! I love how you designed the background! The orange & yellow butterfly just pops! Thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute, you have added my fav butterfly- coloured to perfection! loving the clouds too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so so pretty, Chupa! I love that pop of color with the twine, wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love that butterfly!! Great job with the colors!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012