Friday, 8 October 2010

Trying something new...

I've been wondering which card in the recent Caardvarks challenge I'd like to CASE, and I made quite an unusual for me choice...
This fun and gorgeous card by Lucy kept calling my name, and although it's not quite my style, I decided that I give it a try...

Photobucket

I was intrigued with the idea of having a white space instead of kraft, and bold splashes of colour against it. I chose the gorgeous combo of PDCC50 to play with, and I think it was a good choice :)

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: American Crafts; stamps: Flourishes, Papertrey Ink, Grace Taylor; ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); Copic markers; sewing machine; cotton twine

Here are the Play Date Cafe colours:

Photobucket

I'll be also entering it into Maren's HYCCT05 - Twine Time. What a good cause that is :)
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Wow! The design on both of these is fantastic! I love the fishie one, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....this is just GORGEOUS...love your lift of Lucy's card, every single milimeter of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS - it makes me SO happy.
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made it your style, continue with it the results are so good.
    Regards
    Mayjasper

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you challenged yourself, girlie because it's totally paid off! What a fabulous CAS design and a great take from Lucy's card!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those butterflies are gorgeous...a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Chupa, I love your take on Lucy's card! Those beautiful shades of pink and that houndstooth pattern are a marriage made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful cards. You put so much thought into them...lovely
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous butterflies! Awesome detailing and fabulous job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that card of Lucy's too! Great take on it :) Thanks for playing in the 'cafe' :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love visiting your blog----so much inspiration! I love your take on both challenges! You rock! I love love love your style:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS card Chupa! I LOVE the papers you've done behind the butterfly. The colours work so well together! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards! Love the butterflies. Glad you joined us again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012