Monday, 18 October 2010

What a hoot!

Happy Monday, friends! (hopefully)
It's time for another challenge at There She Goes (TSG77). Our host this week is the fabulous Trendsetter Sandra, and she challenges us to use the colours orange, green & black.

Photobucket
I thought to myself, what the heck! As far as it's evidently a Halloween combo, I'll go for something quite different... Here's what I came up with, using one of the fab new TSG sets - You're a Hoot!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts; paper: Scenic Route, Jillibean Soup; stamps: There She Goes (You're A Hoot!); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; border punch: Fiskars; twill ribbon; black pen; button

I followed the GS#60 sketch,

Photobucket

...and I think the card is suitable for C4C59, which is to create an Autumn themed project. Frankly, I have no idea why owls are considered best fitting for Autumn, but I won't argue with the majority :D

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card using this color challenge, then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday. The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

I'm also having a 'bonus' card for you, that I made for this week's Verve sketch on SCS (VLVOct2010)
The requirement is to CASE on of the cards by the fabulously talented Jackie Pedro, the newest addition to the Dirty Dozen! I had about ten cards that I could readily CASE if I only had time enough, but having have to reduce the number to one, I settled down for this incredible number.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up!; paper: October Afternoon, Kaisercraft; stamps: Papertrey Ink, Gina K Designs; ink: Versa Magic (Spanish Olive), Versa Color (Petal Pink), Ancient Page (Cobalt); twill ribbon; brads

Thanks for looking, and I hope to see you tomorrow, for the last Annabelle Stamps preview this month! xxx
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the little owl one with the Dick and Jane BG ... boy did that bring back memories LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love these, FABULOUS work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa, I love these cards. As usual, your work is fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owls on your first card are adorable, and I just LOVE how pretty the second one is. Great job!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Love Scenic Route on that first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012