Thursday, 11 November 2010

In reds and browns

I love the way my crafting turns out so far tonight. Not only it's pretty early still and I'm hoping not to call it a day yet, but also I really like the outcome. I've got two stylish cards that I think will become keepers. I might not want to part with them... :)

First is this card, with a big fat bow - just like Chupa likes it.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts, recycled kraf; paper: October Afternoon; stamps: Penny Black, Stampin' Up! (Baroque Motifs); ink: Versa Color (Orange); Versafine (Onyx Black); grosgrain ribbon: Sullivans; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots); sewing machine

I took the MOJO164 sketch, and made the sun out of the circular panel. The colours come from Curtain Call 55.
Photobucket Photobucket

There's also this card... the rose looks really nice IRL, but unfortunately the camera wasn't able to catch the lights & shades properly. The lighter parts are much more evident and make the flower quite life-like.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Soft Suede), recycled kraft; stamps: Papertrey Ink (Year Of Flowers: Roses, Mega Mixed Messages), Stampin' Up! (Baroque Motifs); ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copic markers; grosgrain ribbon; sewing machine

The sketch is SC306, and the colours - CTD118. I would show you how the sketch looks like, but SCS seems to be having a glitch at the moment and doesn't show me the enlarged thumbnails.
Also entering the card into WMC30 - Birthday Bash :)
Photobucket
I'll see you around!! xxx
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. This looks better in real life?! It knocks my socks off in this picture! Love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Chupa!! I LOVE that gorgeous rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are totally gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the color challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Красота и стил!!!Поздравления!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your birthday card! so gorgoeus! Thanks for entering the Wee Memories Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the curtain call colour card :) very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! Really love your Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge card. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza, gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These are sooo beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the browns looks stunning with the reds- definately wouldn't be giving either of these away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Chupa! Love both color combos and how you used them... that silhouette image is so pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards as always!!! Now I'm considering if I should get that rose stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super gorgeous card girly!!! You are rockin' these colors!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, jaw just hit the keyboard with that last card! Simply stunning, girle!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are gorgeous, Chupa! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both card are absolutely goregous!! That rose...one of my favorites...can be made to look so very life like.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love this card! GORGEOUS!! Great job on the coloring of the rose and with using the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous! I would keep them too if I were you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012