Sunday, 21 November 2010

Super simple

Hi there! I'm jumping in for a very quick post, for there will be another one coming right after this, for There She Goes brand new challenge & a little sneaky peek :)

I had a little crafty time this afternoon, but I think my mojo might be a bit low today... therefore I didn't want to risk anything heavy-layered just yet, and went for CAS. And I mean, super CAS... Oh no! Look at this one-layer card for example...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Envelope Solutions pre-scored card; stamps: Stamp-It; ink: ColorBox (Maroon), Versafine (Onyx Black); yellow glitter


For those wondering... I mainly put that DP in the background to bring out the very subtle shade of the yellow glitter on the card, but the fact is that I'm drawn to this way of photographing, and I wanted to give it a try myself :)
Do you know how to achieve that glittered frame effect? All you have to do is to stick some double-sided tape and pour loose glitter over it. Remember to wipe your card with an anti-static pillow beforehand though, otherwise you'll gave glitter all over the place.

I made it with JUGS60 colours (hence the need to bring out that yellow :)). I was also inspired by this beautiful card by CriminalGrace (aka Sarah), this week Featured Stamper (FS198)

Photobucket

There's also this shabby card...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (River Rock), Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream); stamps: There She Goes (Autumn Mosaic, Bountiful Blessings); ink: Versa Color (Paprika, Pinecone, Umber); border punch: EK Success; edge distresser; golden cording; crocheted flower

The colours are taken from CR84FN5, and the sketch is FTL117:

Photobucket Photobucket

Thanks for looking! xxx
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. BOTH of these cards are simply wonderful Chupa! Love the gold glittered edge on the first and the distressed edges on the second! Thanks so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them both! your super simple cards are super brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute gorgeousness, Chupa! I love both of these! When done well, as yours are, CAS cards definitely are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chupa! I know, don't fall over from the shock of hearing from me! My little break has turned to a big long vacation! I am just beginning to get back to a little blurfing and guess who has the most posts on my Google reader??? You my dear, you have 10% all of the posts I have missed! You are so amazing. I really don't know how you do it with baby Chuplet surely running around and keeping you on your toes! These cards are so wonderful! The SAC simple look yet so darn beautiful! I have no doubt I will see more great ones that I have missed. I'll leave as many comments as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'know CAS takes just as much thinking as the complicated, busy cards, girlie! I dunno where you think your mojo went to, but I'd argue that it's totally with you right now!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these designs are wonderful, particularly the leaf card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards! I love the subtle yellow on the first card! Thanks for playing our JUGs color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! I just love your distressing on the CR84FN one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! It's such a joy to visit your blog and see your latest creations! I am always in awe of your talent and incredible designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012