Thursday, 2 December 2010

CASE Study Challenge #17

Happy Thursday guys, I hope you're ready for another CASE Study challenge!
This week is extra special, for we're having not only a fabulous new Muse - my dear blogging friend and a super talented paper crafter Nina Brackett, but we get to introduce another amazing lady to our Design Team - Cristina! I'm so excited to have her on board!
Unfortunately, our dear Teneale is taking some time off, due to health problems. I hope you'll find some time to stop by her blog and wish her well!

I chose a fabulous Holiday card from Nina for this week, there's no better time to get in the festive mood than NOW!

Photobucket

I love Nina's elaborate style, she perfected shabby and stylish and I could look at her work for hours. When working on my card, of course I couldn't pass using some yummy lace, but first of all I set myself a goal to create a rich look by using only one sheet of DP in the background. I think I did well, especially that the Verve sketch that I followed, had four layers ;)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (River Rock); paper: Prima; stamps: Sweet n' Sassy; ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap), Versa Color (Sand Beige); lace trim; wrinkled ribbon available here; string; button; pearl strip: Scrapbooking Bitz; rhinestone: Kaisercraft; sewing machine

Here's the VLVNov2010 Week5 sketch that I followed (along with the chosen inspiration here):

Photobucket

If you're looking for more inspiration, check out what the rest of the fabulous CASE Study Design Team prepared this week:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk (give her a big warm welcome!)
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams (taking a few weeks off)
Nina Brackett - November Muse

That's all from me for now, I hope to see you playing along with us at the CASE Study!
Thank you for stopping by, have a fabbo day xxx
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words, Iwona. Your card is beautiful. I love the layers and that circle of pearls is just perfect to highlight your focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. И двете са много оригинални творби,качествено изработени!Поздрави!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Chupa! Love all those pearls you used, but someone super super special would have to get this card!!!! Thats way too much bling for just any old person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chupa! I'm always amazed with all the detail you put in your cards! You're such a great crafter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great mix of textures, what a wonderful knack of putting all of these different bits together and making them look absolutely sensational!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous, Iwona! Love the ribbon, pearls and gems! Beautiful colors and fabulous CASE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012