Monday, 6 December 2010

Monochromatic

Hello, lovelies! I'm having my post up earlier than usually, and that's because two of my cards were done last night.
It all started with a Monochromatic challenge over a Caardvarks, which also happens to be their last one. I can't tell you how sad I am to see them go!
As I was thinking what hues to settle for on my card, in the end I fell in love with so many combinations, that I just couldn't choose one. The result is, that I've got three monochromatic cards for you. In fact, I'm so strongly inspired by this pink beauty by my stampin' hero Laurie, that I might just come back later with yet another in-tone creation :)

For the first card I cut into some more of the new yummy Kaisercraft "After Five" papers. They're so awesome that I've got an urge to hoard them, but I love my papers too much to do so. :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts, Artarama; paper: Kaisercraft; stamps: Just Rite (frame), Stampin' Up! (sentiment), Prima (flourish); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Versa Color (Sky Gray); Hero Arts (Soft Leaf); border punch: EK Success; ruffled ribbon; buttons; string: Papertrey Ink

The card, apart from being my next submission for Moxie Fab World All Occasion Challenge, follows the SFYTT sketch from June 5th (chosen for the current SFYTT challenge). Of course, all my cards qualify, and were made with the Caardvarks challenge in mind.

Photobucket

As you can see, I resigned from the little vertical panel, and changed one rectangle to a circle. Let's call it a free sketch interpretation day, shall we? You'll see better what I mean later... *wink*

For the next card, I wanted to bring out the sunny colours of the cardstock even more, by using the stamps that would mimic the reflection of light (like the one you'd get on the photo, if you pointed the camera towards the sun). I like how it turned out, but I'm not sure whether my idea is clear to see by anyone?

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts, Stampin' Up! (Peach Parfait); stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot); ink: Kaleidacolor (Cappucino), ColorBox (Peach Pastel); sentiment on vellum: Kaszazz; sewing machine; pearls: Kaisercraft

This time the sketch comes from CPS196:

Photobucket

Lastly, here's a green one... I know you see me using these cute Hero Arts cuckoo clock stamps often, I just can't seem to bear putting them away for too long. Aren't they fabulous?!

Photobucket


Supplies: cardstock: cream; paper: Scenic Route; stamps: Hero Arts; ink: Versa Color (Khaki), Versa Magic (Spanish Olive), Hero Arts (Soft Leaf); ribbon: Stampin' Up!; buttons; string: Papertrey Ink

It's one more submission of mine for Moxie Fab World Birthday Card Challenge, and the sketch is my free interpretation of Card Patterns sketch 93. Not only I changed the shape of the card base to rectangular, but in the end I also resigned from the scallops on the left. Ok, frankly - I forgot all about them when putting things together, and then there was no place for it any more... :/ I hope it's still visible where it all started...

Photobucket

So how do you like today's post? Monochromatic is FUN, perhaps you'll give it a go yourselves? :)
Thank you for stopping by, and all your lovely comments! {mwah}
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Cards!!!
    Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! love the monochromatic one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are perfect! Love this free interpretation of CP sketch! :) Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chupa!

    Oeh, very stylish cards with you today! Love that idea of your suncard, yes, I know what you mean with the spots of the sun, looks great! And I love all the cards you made with that cuckoo stamp from Hero Arts! Hmmm, gotta put it on my wishlist, I think! Lovely creations, my dear!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are great! Love the layering and creativity that is displayed through each individual design. Keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your cards.. but my favourite would have to be the Hero Arts Clock. Fab layout & mix of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these! The sentiment on the first is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chupa! Thanks for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions All Occasion challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012