Sunday, 26 December 2010

With gratitude

Happy second day of Christmas, my fabulous blogging friends!
I've been thinking about my passion for paper crafting lately, and how it changed my life.
This year has been very special for me. I remember at this time last year, being still such a novice, I was awaiting with excitement a response from several challenge blogs about joining their Design Teams. This was the beginning of a wonderful journey, and I can't believe all that happened to me on the way - the beautiful people I met, the passion that feeds me, and the opportunities that my wondeful hobby gives.
Although I usually give my heart and soul to everything I do, and I've always been crafty, I certainly had no idea where it's going to take me, when I was making my first card.
I'm amazed that after a year and a half of pretty intense, everyday crafting, I feel as passionate about what I'm doing, as I was at the beginning.
The joy of creating is tremendous, and each project that I finish is created with much love. I'm aware of all the things that I still haven't tried, and I can't wait to do so when opportunity arises. I finally started to share (send out) my cards to my friends, and I never felt better about it. It's truly an amazingly rewarding, fulfilling hobby... but it wouldn't be such without YOU. Thank you for supporting me through this year, for giving me wings. A piece of you is in every one of my creations :)
This card is for you!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream); paper: Basic Grey (Jovial); stamps: Flourishes, Hero Arts; ink: Kaleidacolor (Capuccino); Vivid! (Brick); Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye Duo - Camomile); lace trim; organza ribbon; Prima flower; staples; buttons; cotton twine

I (almost) missed the super gorgeous TSTR41 challenge... how could I possibly resist these cute Scandinavian patterns?? I'm a big fan of their folk art, and look at these the colours... ohhh!
I matched it with the Week 4 December Verve sketch (VLVDec2010)

Photobucket Photobucket

Thank you for coming, and for giving me reason to create! Big inky holiday kisses to you from yours truly :) xxx
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Iwona, thank you for all your posts and inspirations. I found your site mid August and I am amazed at your beautiful work. I can't respond to every post, but I do thank you for all you time, talent and effort to making sure that I am inspired to get busy and make a few cards LOL. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely lovely - everything about it - the colors, the patterns, the embellishments all work beautifully together. You have such a special talent for putting together all the right elements to achieve a gorgeous outcome every single time. I always enjoy seeing your cards here and on other blogs. So happy for you that you found your niche in paper crafting! Here's to more beauty and creativity in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just stunning! I love the softness you achieved and how you handled the sketch. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! Thank YOU for all your wonderful inspiration. I love to look at your blog :) Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa!!! This is STUNNING! When did you find time to sneak in all this wonderful yumminess?! I hope you're having a gorgeous Christmas weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! Everything about it makes me smile....the red pattern reminds me of the embroidery on my daughters Ukrainian dancing blouses :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations and great inspiration! Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always Chupa! Love the colors and the stamping below your crocheted trim! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty card! Lve the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, a perfect card, love the pattern, the trim, the flower.... just so gorgeous! thanks for playing along with the Shabby Tea Room! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Chupa! What an inspirational post you have written today ... so wonderful to hear that we share this fabby passion of everything paper and glue together!!!!! TFS in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of wonderful elements on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chupa- your creations are beautiful, today is my first visit (found you from your verve cards on SCS) and just gorgeus work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012