Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Look ma, one layer!

Before I get to the point... did you guys notice that I'm now offering my cards for sale??
Check out the details HERE. Thanks! :)

I continue to stretch myself by doing the out of the comfort zone stuff... this time it's a one-layer card, something that I rarely ever tackle. Funnily enough, if I spend no more than half an hour on a card, i'm left with the feeling of lack.
When I saw the latest challenge at Passion For Papertrey, which is to to do just this - step out of one's comfort zone, I knew straight away what I want to do. Here's the result...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white; stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning A New Leaf, Blooming Button Bits, Say It With Style), Hero Arts, There She Goes (In Stitches); ink: Versa Magic (Spanish Olive), Versa Color (Pink, Lagoon Blue, Orange); hand-painted buttons

The colours were inspired both by Tuesday Trigger: Bright Spot, and cQc#67:

Photobucket Photobucket
Thank you for looking! xxx
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Stop!! You're killin' me! How do you do it?! You are a machine, woman. One beauty after another. Keep 'em coming ... I love seeing your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I have died and gone to card heaven! This is my kind of card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those buttons on the flowers! This is really quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I was wondering the same thing, both challenges have the same color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Don't feel sorry you didn't spend so much time on it, it's perfect! So why spend more time? Love the leaves and the stitching line in between them! And fabulous colors!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi chupa! This card is brilliant! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Chupa! Thanks for playing the colourQ this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love! This has to be one of my favorite cards of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Those hand-painted buttons are amazing! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

  10. Oh this is seriously fabby, dear Chupa!!!!! Love the simple design and those pink stitches are sooooooo sweet!
    Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this is super cute! Love those painted buttons and the clean design. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card, CAS def my style, lovely colour too, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Chupa! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012