Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Summer wreath

Good evening, inky people! I made it to the wee hours again... there's been a lot going on today, both online and IRL (thank you all SO MUCH for your wonderful birthday wishes!!), so I didn't have the opportunity to sit down and work on my cards until late evening.
I didn't feel much like crafting too, but I had to do some... and I'm glad I did 'cause in the end they turned out lovely :) One card I'm sharing with you now, the other one will have to wait until tomorrow's CASE Study post!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze); American Crafts; paper: October Afternoon, Stampin' Up!, Kaisercraft; stamps: Flourishes;ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copic markers; watercolour pencils: Belgrave; blender pen; black brads; sewing machine; border punch: Fiskars; grosgrain ribbon

The sketch is from the Day 12th of the 12 Days of Christmas challenges at Daily Dare, that is run and sponsored by Flourishes. As soon as I saw the sketch (and found out about the prize!!) I knew what my next card will be :)

Photobucket Photobucket

I combined it with another Flourishes challenge - FTTC99, which is to use flowers.
These marvelous colours come from cQc#66, and my theme corresponds with JAI49 - Just Add Summer :)
Thank you for looking, good night to me and good day to most of you! lol
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Fab card!! Such a bright, sunshiny card - the summer wreath is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love,love.So pretty and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (belated I see) from one January baby to another :) Get hubby to give you a great big hug from me, okay!

    Fabulous card. Love how you used the CQ colours and the layout. Fabulous as always :)

    Question if/when you've got a minute. How did you get your network blogs followers on your sidebar? This old lady can't figure it out how to do it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors...and you colored the image so well...nice contrasts on this one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! Looooooove the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i see you didn't waste any time getting that ribbon onto a card-lol!!!!! It looks gorgeous, love the backgroud, perfect appointment of the colours!!
    i am with Marisa here, how did you get the network thingy on your sidebar?? this is what i have been struggling with!!
    mwah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented LADY!! LOVe how you are able to combine challenges like you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi chupa! Congrats on your Moxie Fab spot! Your card is lovely as always. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa - YOU"RE THE BOMB, GIRLIE! Oh how I love your cards!!! Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012