Thursday, 3 March 2011

CASE Study Challenge #29

It's that time of the month at CASE Study, that we must say good-bye to our Muse and welcome a new one, to give us inspiration for the month to come.
I'm sad that we have to part with Eva Dobilas, who has been more than fabulous in the role of a Muse.
Still, there is a great time ahead of us, since I'm sure that we all love the extraordinary artist, that we get to welcome today - Julee Tilman! Julee has a remarkable style and such an eye for detail, that every time I see her creations in the blogland, I can't help but gasp in awe.
The card that I picked for this week, is hands down one of my favourites of all time...


I can't get over the wonderful texture and dimension on it, as well as I'm drooling over the colours and the clever use of papers.

To celebrate the first week of Julee with us, I decided to pull out my Verve stamps... I don't have too many (just the two sets that I won in the Mojo contests), but they're enough for me to fall in love with the quality and beauty of these.
I knew that I would go for a great deal of distressing and choose a shabby chic style.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Rustic White), recycled kraft; paper: Sassafras, Kaisercraft; stamps: Verve; ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone); Liquid Pearls (Pewter); mulberry flower from Wild Orchid Crafts; paper doily: Martha Stewart; lace trim: Kaisercraft; glitter glue: Reeves, seam binding; buttons; edge distresser: Heidi Swapp; string

TIP: Using Distress Inks with solid images (like my tag) is an easy way to give a stamped image a nice worn out look. Then you don'thave to worry that your neatly stamped element just doesn't sit right with the rest of your vintage design. I love my Distress Inks!

I used the same layout, and paired it with the colours of Curtain Call 71:

Photobucket

I'd love you to check out what the rest of the fabulous CASE Study Design Team prepared for your viewing pleasure this week:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Julee Tilman - March Muse

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fab inspiration and Linky tools to link up your creation!
Thanks for visiting!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I really love this. yep, Eva, pretty much rocks everything she does (kind of like you! ;) ). great use of those colors and the sketch. NICE work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work as always!! I especially love your
    CTD card!!

    Hey, I would love to have you play along with a new challenge that I just started on my blog....http://www.cardspaperandscrapbooks.com/cards/last-but-not-least-a-new-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Great colors! thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlie, your card is soooooo SWEET!!! I love the mix of colors, the papers you worked with and your coloring of sweet PI! Thank you so much again for having me as your MUSE...it was FUN and what an honor!!!!! YOU INSPIRE me with every single creation of yours! Love ya!!! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful! Your work is over the top gorgeous! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. make mine a double bubbles!!! could this one get any more awesome, is that a new nestie I see?? totally fabulous combo of papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie image. Love your dp and that gorgeous, bright colored ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this, and your coloring is splendid on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgoeus card Chupa. You always nail the colors and everything else. Lovely desing elements. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa this is amazing! Everything about it is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this Card! That flower looks real enough to "pick"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Chupa! And such scrumptious colors! There's a reason you're the queen CASEr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is breathtaking. Love it.
    hugs and smiles Conny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous card! Love that glitzy flower and the sweet little buttons in the corner. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012