Thursday, 17 February 2011

In blues and greens

Let me start by saying, that I don't know how I ended up with three cards featuring a very similar colour combo... I certainly wasn't planning on it. As I was choosing the colour challenges to combine with my sketches, I must have had these on my mind... like, a lot :)
Now... blues and greens, as everyone knows, go very well together. What puzzles me about this combination though, is that as much as these two can look fabulous together, they can be also plain boring. Wouldn't you agree?
Anyway, that being said, I'm not sure if I did them justice on tonight's cards. I had a big day and I feel rather drained, therefore I'm sure that I could have done better if I were rested and with a fresh mind. I'm hoping that you will still like them, though :)

The first card is not exactly the said combo, but I consider SU River Rock having a touch of green in it. I actually really love this colour.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, SU! (River Rock, Marina Mist), American Crafts; paper: Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket; stamps: PTI (In Bloom, Out On A Limb Sentiments), AnnaBelle Stamps (Backgrounds By Design 3); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); glue marker; grosgrain ribbon; button; string

I'm entering this card into CPS205 (sketch), CD97 (colours - Marina Mist, River rock, Night Of Navy), and the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Photobucket

Here's another card... that's the one that I'm most unsure about. It seems alright, but at the same time it feels like a homework done. KWIM? No sparkle here...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, SU! (Ballet Blue), American Crafts; paper: Grant (Grace Taylor line - including the butterflies); stamps: There She Goes (Sentimental); ink: Vivid (Sky Blue); rhinestones: Kaisercraft; checked ribbon; buttons; twisted paper cord: AnnaBelle Stamps; thread; paper doily: Martha Stewart; border punch: Martha Stewart

This time the challenges are: Cardabilities sketch, CTD129 colours, and FTTC105, which is to use three patterned papers.

Photobucket Photobucket

Lastly, here's this one... as much as I wasn't convinced about it when I started to implement my idea, in the end it turned out quite nice. Such thing actually happens quite often in my stamp room... ;)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: shimmery cream (unknown), SU! (Wild Wasabi), Canson, American Crafts; paper: Jenni Bowlin, Cosmo Cricket; stamps: Layers Of Color (sentiment), Taylored Expressions (leafy branch with matching die); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Bamboo Leaves); paper flower; border punch: Fiskars; sewing machine; pearls: AnnaBelle Stamps

The sketch is GS#74, and the colours CC310 - Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Pacific Point.

Photobucket

That would be all for tonight, but I'll be back at noon tomorrow, with my card for a new AnnaBelle Stamps challenge. Please, also check my earlier post, featuring the CASE Study sample, and details on an exciting combined challenge, that we're holding this week!
Take care and get fabulously inky,
Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. you're nuts, that second one is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, each and every one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.Iwona, one card is more gorgeous then the next. LOVE the color combo. What a treat.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 are gorgeous!! I love the color combos on each one - just lovely :)
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always SO amazing!
    These two are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the blues and greens coming :) Three gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are really lovely cards, Chupa! I LOVE the paper piecing and the bright blue ribbon on the first one! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all stunning, Chupa! Your creations are always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops, just realized you entered that second beauty for Timeless Tuesday, too! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, each design is more beautiful than the last! Just gorgeous designs and oodles of inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chupa, I popped over here to see your PDCC card and leave a comment and stumbled across all of this blue loveliness! As you know I really love your work, but your first card has to be my absolute favourite so far, it's stunning! I really should use more blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW oh WOW!!!! FABULOUS to the max cards Chupa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...gorgeous as always!! I really like card #1

    ReplyDelete
  14. wowee girl! gorgeous gorgeous and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Chupa they are all equally as beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the one you arent sure of! All of them however are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done my dear!!

    Terrific use of this week's Color Dare colors, thanks for playing along with us!

    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a bevy of beauties ! All stunning - thanks for sharing x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...these are all so gorgeous!! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. All beautiful Chupa! But my favorite is your CPS is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - you have been busy. Luv your take on the CPS sketch - I really like the stitched border! I would love it if you visited my blog to see my sketch for the CPS challenge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! Each and every one of the three is so special! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your cards look great! Thanks for playing in the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great flowers! Love the ribbon/button/twine. Thanks fo rplaying along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Chupa! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012