Sunday, 13 February 2011

Retro and vintage

Hello blogland, happy Valentine's day! Do you have any date nights in plans for tonight? Whatever you do, I hope that your day will be filled with LOVE :)
I haven't checked in yesterday, I was busy preparing stuff for my last Dirty Dozen gallery (insert a pout here), but this morning I had the time to play with a couple of recent challenges.
Here are the cards!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Rustic White), American Crafts; paper: October Afternoon, Prima; stamps: Taylored Expressions; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versa Color (Umber); Copic markers; Glossy Accents by Ranger; QuicKutz embossing folder (Polka dots); twill ribbon; Twisted Paper Cord: AnnaBelle Stamps; button

The card goes to Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #57, CD96 - Bashful Peachy Greens, and OCC's Cut It Out! challenge.

Photobucket

and another one...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white; paper: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey; stamps: There She Goes (Angel Mail, Sentimental Thank You), Glitz Design (Distressing); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versa Color (Umber), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone); chipboard heart: Lil' Davis Designs; lace trim; sewing machine; wrinkled ribbon; buttons

For this card I played with FS210, and I was inspired by this card by Charlene - this week's Featured Stamper. I used the colours of PDCC68, and the vintage theme of PPA80.

Photobucket

I hope to be back in an hour or two, with my card for the new There She Goes challenge. Until then - take care andbe loved!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Love your take on this week's sketch, Chupa. The twill ribbon is fabulous as is the orange mixer :) Fabulous use of the insp. piece on the second card. Happy Valentine's Day to you (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa! Oh my goodness I love this!!! It's soooo fabulously vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards - your orange mixer is so cute and retro! Awesome work! Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chupa, I love those little strawberries on your PDCC card! I fall for strawberry images all the time. I think they look neat and unexpected with the 'heart with wings' emblem. Thanks for playing with us at the Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are absolute sweet perfection! I love the retro feel of the mixer and the colors are perfect for it! Thanks for joining us this week at the OCC for the "Cut It Out" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, Chupa! Love that old mixmaster. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful pair. Love both the retro and the vintage (humm, maybe love the vintage a bit more). That orange mixer takes me back to the 60s and is very cool! Terrific job on the Cut it Out challenge. So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your awesome retro card Chupa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that mixer - the colors, the stamp, the paper, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa, I think you're a great cardmaker!!

    Hugs from Holland :)

    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the papers and all of the little details. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are beautiful! Love the vintage mixer image! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your cards as usual, dearie...so gonna miss you, Dirty! Just remember, once a dirty, always a dirty! I look forward to coming here to check out all your amazing cards! Thanks for being wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly scrumptious in every way! How do you do it all?! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Iwona, I just love the vintage feel of your card! I'm a baker, and I just love your mixer stamp! I love your choice of pattern papers and that blue twill tape really makes your card pop! Thank you for playing along with our challenge @ OCC. And, I hope that we see more of your work in our future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cool card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012