Sunday, 20 February 2011

Two sketches, two colour combos

Happy Sunday, peeps! I hope your weekend is joyful and relaxing. Mine has been very much so, and after almost two days of break from crafting, I sat down behind my desk... frankly, quite eagerly :D
I made these two in a leisurely pace, and I intend not to call it a day yet *wink wink*
I was surprised to see where the inspiration took me with the first card... it's not too often that I would make a card for a kid, and even less probable to have a boy card. I love it when it happens, though!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Enchanted Evening), Canson (orange), Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze); white; paper: Scenic Route; stamps: We R Memory Keepers; ink: Versa Magic (Sand Beige), Memento (Danube Blue), Versa Color (Orange); Cuttlebug embossing folder (Stars); eyelets; button; border punch: EK Success

The sketch comes from PPA81, and the colours from cQc#72. The card also qualifies for C4C75, which is to use dies.

Photobucket Photobucket

The second one is more of my usual style :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist), Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), white; stamps: There She Goes (Love Birds), Hero Arts; ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa, London Fog), Versa Color (Petal Pink); Copic markers; lace trim; grosgrain ribbon; twisted paper string; button; brown marker; border punch: Fiskars

This time the sketch comes from JAI56, and the colours from Totally Hues Challenge #2:

Photobucket Photobucket

Off to get some more ink on my fingers... I'll see you around!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow Iwona...talk about eye candy. Love your use of the colors and sketches. Brilliantly done girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards...simple gorgeous! I was wondering where you got the helicipter die...I didn't see it in the post...but knowing me I probably missed it. Thanks!

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Chupa and the second one is so lovely! thanks for playing the colourQ challenge again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors - beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Chupa!! Thanks for choosing the JAI sketch as a springboard for your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both super cute, Chupa! I love the fun patterned paper you used on the helicopter card, and the second one with the birdcage is just darling. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and that image of the birds is just gorgeous, I love the helicopter on the top one too, my son would think that was so cool lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012