Thursday, 10 March 2011

CASE Study Challenge #30

The time has come for the new challenge at CASE Study, with our Muse for March being Julee Tilman! Here's the fabulous card for Julee, that I chose for us to work with this week:

It's dreamy, isn't it? Goodness, does this girl know how to use paper & stamps or what??

For my inspired card, I chose to stamp on the patterned paper with black ink, like Julee did. It's one of my favourite techniques, and can give some really spectacular effects. I added a splash of colour with the yellow tab, and kept my card simple - just for a change ;)



Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight), American Crafts (black); paper: Echo Park Paper; stamps: Gina K. Designs (sentiment), Hero Arts (flourish); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); twill ribbon; button; baker's twine

TIP: Try stamping on patterned paper yourself! Choose a relatively simple pattern, and a contrasting ink. Black, dark brown or blue works best.

As you might have noticed, the sketch comes from FTL130. The colours are taken from CTD132:

Photobucket Photobucket

I'd love you to check out what the rest of the fabulous CASE Study Design Team prepared for your viewing pleasure this week:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Julee Tilman - March Muse

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fab inspiration and Linky tools to link up your creation!
Thanks for visiting!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card! Love that flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card! I love that flourish too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably one of the best flourish stamps I've ever seen! Leave it to you to show it off gloriously. I don't know how you do it, but I love your colorful, beautiful style! Thanks as always for playing along at the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, well that card of Julee is a fabulous card to case- I did that one. Your card is so pretty, loving the stamping on DSP: and that sketch again is awesome. I want to try this one this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I love the colours! I think I was reading your mind when I picked the deisgn I would use for my card! Fantastic work I look forward to following and seeing what you make next!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful flourish stamped directly to your patterned paper. And, what a delightful pop from your yellow sentiment piece. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the stamp on the DS paper, so bold!! The colours are fabulous with the layout, perfectly placed pop of yellow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012