Thursday, 31 March 2011

Dancing in the rain... and an award

If there's anything called a cuteness syndrome, then I think I've got it. I just couldn't resist another image from Some Odd Girl... seriously, someone help me, I can't stop!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft; paper: My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose - Hattie); stamp: Some Odd Girl (digi), PTI (Mega Mixed Messages - sentiment); ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap), Versa Color (Celadon, Umber, Sand Beige), Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; grosgrain ribbon; edge distresser; Nestabilities Ovals; Sprinkles, string: AnnaBelle Stamps; button; dimensional medium: Glossy Accents (Ranger)

The sketch that I used here comes from SSS101:

Photobucket

I'd also like to share an award that I got from my stamping buddy Sue today... thanks. chica!



I'm supposed to list 5 things about myself, and include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft. So here we go...

1. I never considered myself a fan of cutesy-sugary stuff. Not until I discovered stamps :)
In fact, I'm very much into things that would make others sad or cautious. My favourite music is mostly quite disturbing. Take Nick Cave, for example. Love him.

2. I used to be paranoid about the quality of my English, and the ability to communicate in this language. My last trip abroad (before I met my husband, who's an Australian), ended up a month shorter, because I couldn't stand the fact, that I can't speak as well as I wanted. Let's add, that where I voluntarily decided to flee from, was Canary Islands, and you've got a perfect image of a nutcase.

3. One of the things I was studying in the past, was natural therapies/dowsing/Feng Shui etc.
I loved the subjects, I most definitely didn't like the people. As much as I'm into these, I can't stand those who blindly and maniacally follow everything that can be called esotheric or New Age. Unfortunately, they're there. In masses.

4. I used to draw really impressive things at the age of 7-9. I'm not sure what happened to that budding talent... LOL

5. I really would like my craft adventure to turn into something that brings me income, so that I could keep doing what I love for as long as I wish... (heyyy.... isn't this everybody's dream??)

How's that for a confession? *wink*
Now I've got to pass the award onto "FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give ONE reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?"
Hmmm... that's ALWAYS a toughie. I'm always into the "all or nothing" motto, and there are simply too many wonderful ladies out there, that inspire me daily. Let's see...

1. Torico
My goodness, that woman is a genius. I wrote that many a times on her blog, that her cards have a certain magic to them. That's exactly what I feel when I look at them. I'm enchanted.

2. Cristina
I loved her work from the day one that I saw it. I remember a couple of months ago, when I discovered her blog, I knew that her cards are going to wind her up in the world of paper craft very quickly. I thought to myself, you better be fast, woman, and ask her to design for CASE Study, before a million of companies start knocking at her door. I never was wrong :)

3. Eva
Not only she's a sweetheart, but her work makes me drool... badly. I don't know anyone else who's able to lock so much colour, life and movement in a single creation.

4. Karola
She's got more talent in a small finger, than I'll ever learn in my life. The way she writes her posts is amazing, and I love visiting her blog not only to delight in the latest beauties, but also to get a generous dose of happiness for the day to come. She makes me proud to be a crafty Pole :)

5. Wendy
Everything she does is pure awesomeness. I think it's her who I should blame for my love of butterflies...

I hope you enjoyed :) See you soon, friends - and don't forget to ink something up or cut some paper today! mwah,
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Me?? A genious?? Nooooo! LOL! Anyway, thank you so much for the award! I really appreciate it, and I'll put it on my blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...Iwona, you are soooo very sweet for including me in such an amazing line up of talented ladies...well, you certainly a SUPER DUPER talent and sweet girlie in my book, too! I will share this sweet award next week, as I am about to unleash a huge MFT release the next 5 days, but I am honored to share. And how funny about both of us sharing a SOG card today...I ADORE your card...I might have to get that girlie! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caught your cuteness syndrome and had to buy some of these cuties today!
    Love your card!! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...cuteness syndrome....THAT'S cute!! :) Absolutely adorable card. I can understand the obsession with the image. Love your coloring and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012