Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Make It Monday - Larkspurs

Hi, friends! I've been dead-ish since yesterday, and pretty much didn't want to do anything. I'm not sure whether it's just a mood, weather or perhaps I'm catching cold, but it certainly slowed down my craftiness.
In the evening I faced the fact that I had to sit down to tomorrow's CASE Study card, and in the end I decided that since I did pull those papers and stamps out after all, I might just not leave you "postless" today (seems like a pretty uncommon thing in the last months anyway), and so I quickly cooked up this:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, PTI (New Leaf), SU! (Marina Mist); stamps: PTI (Larkspurs); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versa Color (Celadon, Sky Blue, Cyan); Copics; black pen; whte gel pen; vellum: Grant; Sprinkles: AnnaBelle Stamps

The card follows the FTL133 sketch (I replaced the flowery pattern with another sentiment), and the colours come from CC316 (Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze).

Photobucket

I also decided that I'd be fun to finally take part in a PTI's Make It Monday challenge. This week it's all about Ink Blending Techniques, and I used my good ole' sponges to achieve the effect.
I buy a regular, soft shower sponge, and use little pieces as desired. Works just as well, but saves me quite a few dollars on expensive sponges on the market.

Now it's time for me to hit the bed, and boy, I'm so lookng forward to it :) I'll see you tomorrow... take care, lovelies!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Great job with the blending technique, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Pretty,you done a wonderful job.

    ~Jodi~

    http://jodiscardcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! I've linked to this on Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the little white dots. I'm so going to try that with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the colors. And congrats on winning the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! What technique did you use to get that gradient look? If it's ink, you did a spectacular job!! Please share your secret!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012