Monday, 7 March 2011

Penny Black challenge

Good evening, peeps! It's my second post for tonight (actually a third one by Aussie standards), so please scroll down to see the rest :)

As much as I wasn't planning on an evening stamping session, there was something that lured me into it *wink* - a newly launched card challenge at the Penny Black blog! The given task is to use the colours teal, orange & purple, and I found it very intriguing. For one, I felt challenged indeed, to make something nice & cheerful out of this almost Halloweeny combo, but I was also reminded that I've got some PB stamps that would use some love :)-

So I pulled out the adorable Betsy Bluebell set, and with the help of Card Patterns Sketch 105, I cooked up this:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, American Crafts (black, orange), SU! (purple); paper: American Crafts; stamps: Penny Black (Betsy Bluebell); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; Quickutz embossing folder (Retro Diamonds); pearls: Kaisercraft; twill ribbon; mulberry flowers; lace trim; border punch: Martha Stewart

Here's the Card Patterns sketch:
Photobucket

I hope you like it... I think it turned out quite cute :) I'm just hoping that my addition of yellow doesn't disqualify it.
Thanks for looking! Mwah,
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super adorable...love all the fun colors! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this is the most adorable card EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card Chupa!! All those bright colours actually mix really well. Superb colouring of the wee darling too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so adorable! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012