Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Retro and vintage revisited

Morning, peeps! I didn't manage to post immediately the two cards that I whipped up last night, but I'm making up for it now.
I remembered the post from a couple of weeks back, where I put together a card with a distinctive retro feel, and one vintage creation. On the retro card I even used that same stamp... so I guess I can call it a revisit!
Here they come...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Old Olive), American Crafts (brown), white; paper: October Afternoon; stamps: Taylored Expressions; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); sewing machine; ribbon: PTI (Simply Chartreuse); Glossy Accents by Ranger; Copic markers; lace trim; pearls: Kaisercraft

The card was made with the MOJO182 sketch, and the colours of cQc#76. They shouted retro to me!

Photobucket Photobucket

The next card is a celebration of buttons... seriously inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger: Button, Button. As soon as I saw these napkins, I thought of that new fabby PTI stamp set...
Since I don't have it, I tried to think of a nice equivalent, and remembered the awesome freebie label that Dana kindly shared on her blog. I printed it out on a piece of rustic-looking paper.
The tag attached to the bow, is actually a part of the wrapping, that my seam binding bundle came in. How awesome is that?!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen); paper: Crate Paper; stamps: Glitz Design, PTI; digital image by Dana Gustafson; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); edge distresser; paper doily: Martha Stewart; seam binding; buttons; lace trims

Apart from the Tuesday Trigger, there are some other button-related challenges around - March Scrapbook Boutique challenge & CARDS gallery challenge.

Photobucket Photobucket

Please join me in a couple of hours for the next CASE Study challenge & sample, but for now - au revoir!
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWoWoWoW!!!!! I almost always adore yhour work but this button card is sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllooooooo! That is one seriously fabulous card! Thanks so much for making my button card sing with your amazing design touch (and thanks for the link up). I LOVE how you packed it full o buttons! And the layers of trim! Actually, ALL of it! Amazing as always GF! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow fabulous cards - sooooo loving that button tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! Love your take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm DYING over the button card! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS cards. They are both perfect for the challenges you participated in.
    The trigger card is absolutely stunning!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are ALWAYS gorgeous!! Both of these are SO stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! First, thanks to the link to Dana's button card--so fun, and your vintage card is dynamite! But I just LOVE that mixer! I was looking for a "what's cooking?" stamp just today, darn it! Thanks for playing the CQC challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful .... love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Stitching, layering, oh my! Thanks for playing with us at Colour Q Challenge .
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chupa! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Chupa on your Tuesday Trigger! All your cards are beautiful and creative as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are beautiful, Chupa! Congrats on the TT shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the soft colors--GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous cards - I really love the one for the trigger! I think you captured the inspiration picture PERFECTLY! Congrats on the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a beauty! i am partial to all things sewing-related. thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being a Tuesday Trigger winner! Love both of your cards but the button card took my breath away when I saw it. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to rock the tuesday trigger! Yeah, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this photo trigger so much. It screams beachorado. I wondered who won and couldn't find it, UNTIL I scanned your win column and found it! Really awesome card. You sure do know how to make a jam packed card look flawless and easy. I have tried this look and fail miserably every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012