Saturday, 5 March 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #1

Hi there, lovelies... happy weekend!!
I promised a surprise for you, so here it is. After some deliberation, I decided to start an informal weekly sketch challenge here on my blog! Having my time filled quite enough with the maintenance of CASE Study, I want to keep it simple and sweet...

If you're asking why... firstly, I'm a sketch nerd and I'm sure there's no doubt about it :) I rarely begin on a card without a sketch on hand... can you relate?? ;)
It's been countless times that while browsing the internet or a magazine, I saw a terrific layout that I wanted to save for the future. I've been keeping some hand-drawn sketches "on hand" but rarely ever reached for them, 'cause there was always some sketch challenge that I was playing with instead. LOL... typical ;)
Anyhoo, I thought it's a shame that they just sit there unused, so I decided to share them for mine and everybody's enjoyment.

Enough of the blabber though, here's the very first sketch!



And my card, also utilizing the PPA83 colour combo...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: SU! (Soft Suede, Baja Breeze), recycled kraft; stamps: PTI (Out On A Limb Sentiments), Hero Arts (damask background), Grace Taylor (butterfly); ink: Memento (Rich cocoa), PTI (Fresh Snow); Copics; twill ribbon; Glossy Accents

Photobucket

---------------------------------------------------

A couple of things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you do make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz application, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- I'm planning to post a new sketch and sample every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

Okay, so what do you think? Good idea, bad idea?? I can't wait to see whether any of you are interested to play along :)
Have a lovely day,
Photobucket


28 comments:

  1. Great sketch and GREAT idea as well. I am always looking for another sketch to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sketch...can't have enough sketches to play with..your card is beautiful...where do you find all the time to do all that you do? You're amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh this card is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your energy and creativity know no bounds! Simply lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iwona, I LOVE your sketch and your pretty card! I will have to play along, as I am addicted to sketches, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I beat you hands down in the sketch nerd department, Chupa :) I probably couldn't create a sketch to save my life (well, to save my life maybe, but nothing more than that LOL!). I am shamefully and totally dependent on sketches to get going on a card. Love your simple one, and your sample card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Chupa! I love the butterfly with the twill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sketch ... I had fun creating with it.

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa this is a REALLY fun sketch! I look forward to playing along:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a sketch junkie too, so I'm always on the lookout for new ones. This card is fabulous! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sketch, Chupa....I have been noticing a dearth of sketches lately, so I am glad you threw your hat into the ring! Hope I can play! Lovely card, too...of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is stunning!! and look how big your little one is getting. yea you making a sketch challenge, will try to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make the most amazing cards - always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent idea! Lovely card and I'm looking forward to playing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Idea, Iwona! Love the simplicity of the sketch and your card is GORGEOUS!! I hope I have time to play with this sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Chupa, that's a great way to start off your challenges!! Lovely card and great sketch. I'm hoping to give this one a go tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this sketch, and your card is GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to play along! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card - I love the ribbon treatment with the butterfly in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Iwona,

    This is gorgeous! Both the sketch and the card! Love it! It's simple, but perfect and so pretty! the butterfly grabs your attention! Very nice!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooooo pretty and love the sketch. think I'll be using this one today! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun idea, Chupa! I have no idea where you find the time or energy for all that you do, but I appreciate every bit of inspiration you share with us! Thanks for a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chupa, I just stumbled upon this. Not sure how I missed it. I don't think I'll have time this week, but will definitely check in next week. I'm kind of a sketch junky myself :) I think it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Chupa! I am so glad I found your new challenge! I used this sketch for my CR84FN card for Sunday, so I am late to link it up, but I'll send you the link after my post goes live. I am excited to see this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, Chupa! How exciting that youa are starting a new challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, I made some time :) Thanks for the great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Chupa! If you're interested, here is the link to my card using your sketch - I really hope to play along again this week!

    http://delightfulwaste.blogspot.com/2011/03/cr84fn19-happy-birthday-lisa.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just wanted you to know that I finally used this fabulous sketch!! Love it!

    http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/2011/03/wplus9-april-release-day-3-filigreed.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012