Sunday, 27 March 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #4

I'm running late with my sketch this week... I didn't have time to prepare the card until now, so please forgive me for having one day less to play along! I hope that the sketch itself will make up for it... :)
It was inspired by my fabulous stamping buddy, Aimes. She shared her recent publication in CARDS mag the other day, and I loved that card from the moment I saw it. You can find it here.

And here's the sketch!


This must be my earliest Christmas card ever... I chose the theme, after I decided to use the colours of CR84FN21. As I was rummaging through my stash, such were the stamps that kept falling into my hands. I couldn't help but give up and make a Holiday card after all... :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen); paper: Graphic 45, Bo Bunny; stamps: Kaisercraft, PTI (Fancy Flourishes); ink: Memento (Rhubarb Stalk), Versa Magic (Sahara Sand), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); buttons; burlap; edge distresser; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots)

Apart from the colours of CR84FN21, I also used the theme of PPA86 (embossing), and WT315 (Ink it up with color).

Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz application, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

I can't wait to see what you'll make with it :) Thanks for coming!
Photobucket


12 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!!! LOVE THIS CHUPA!!! WOW! So many textures and fabulous details! GORGEOUS! What a great take on Aimes' fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Wonderful take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to combine that great skectch and our pretty color combo. You keep this up and you will have your Christmas cards ready for next Christmas. Thanks for playing at CR84FN this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Chupa! Love the layout and all of the wonderful texture on your card! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful Christmas card - love all the different textures, and those sweet buttons! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, LOVE all the texture and layers of your card! PRETTY! Yikes - Christmas already - LOL! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Chupa!! I have that Graphic 45 paper, it's just gorgeous!! I have been making Xmas cards since January, you're not alone! ;) I can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought to turn that particular sketch into a Christmas card, but I LOVE what you've done with it! Love those trees and the burlap, and the pretty patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Chupa! Love the distressed trees! Never too early for Christmas card making! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    Congrats on starting a sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the details on your very pretty card, Chupa! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas card,this week's colours are perfect for Xmas.Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like getting a head start on the holidays! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply darling! love the burlap:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012