Thursday, 28 April 2011

CASE Study Challenge #37

It's time for another fun week at CASE Study! It's also the last portion of inspiration from our Muse for April, Silke Ledlow, how sad...
I enjoyed this month so much, did you?? Silke's style is so charming, I would easily CASE half of her blog entries!
This week's card is, yet again, simply amazing... check it out:



I was doing my best to keep the card simple... you be the judge whether I succeeded *wink*
The element that really caught my eye in Silke's card, is the embossing, so I've got that. I also found some rhinestone flourish, to match Silke's pearls. I replaced the punched border with a ribbon/baker's twine combo, and replaced the rose with a stamped image.
As you can see, I also changed the colours - I made them to match the CR84FN25 challenge.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Artarama (aqua), white; stamps: Flourishes, Hero Arts; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk); Copics; flourish: Zva Creative; butterfly punch: Martha Stewart; aqua marker; ruffled ribbon: May Arts; baker's twine; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Victoria); Nestabilities labels 14; edge distresser; sewing machine

My card is also a free take on the GS#84 sketch, and the colours of CR84FN25 are below as well:

Photobucket Photobucket

Please visit the rest of the fabulous CASE Study Design Team's blogs, to see what yumminess they cooked up for your viewing pleasure this week:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Silke Ledlow - April Muse

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and Linky tools to link up your creation!
Thank you for visiting my blog today!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. Such fabulous detail in the card and I think the tulip is stunning. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Chupa! Love the little butterflies fluttering about! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chupa! Everything about it is stunning. Cheers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately succeeded in keeping it simple, but it still has heaps of pizazz, especially love the circle work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! You definitely achieved the simple look and I love how you used this Flourishes Set! Thank you for a fun, fun month and you know I will continue stalking you :)! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Chupa...the colors are glorious and that tulip is colored to perfection! Awesome choice with Silke, I really enjoyed CASEing her work...I think we all did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love that ribbon along the bottom, goes perfectly with the entire card! great set, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012