Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Dirty Dozen projects part 1... and some (lengthy) reflections

Friends. I can't express how much your visits and comments mean to me. Every now and then I feel that I'm not doing my best to show it. My posts are brief and often dry, but that's because I create a lot, and often don't have time to dress it up in words as I'd like to.
On top of that, I grieve that the quality of my daily communication deteriorated, since I was forced into using a foreign language every day. As much as I think my English is not too bad (I learnt a lot since I moved to Australia), I do feel that I don't have a full control over what I say any more. My limited vocabulary dictates my use of words, instead of a free and creative way that I used to speak, saying exactly what I want to say, and how I want to say it.
I adore it when some of my blogging friends share snippets from their life and random observations, in a witty, humorous manner, and I struggle to do it in English. Perhaps (hopefully!) I'll learn with time. For now, I hope that you enjoy my posts as they are!

Anyway, I've been watching the number of my followers increasing with amazement, and there's truly nothing more humbling, than to see you coming back for more. I don't consider myself a paper crafter with a bucketful of fresh ideas. My friend Lea Lawson wrote some time ago, that she's a product-driven artist, and I'm just the same. Rarely I would use any technique or think out of the box, and that makes me even more astonished at the number of people that visit me daily.
I just want you to know that you give me motivation and sense of purpose, and fulfillment. In my life as a SAHM, I do need a dreative outlet to keep me going, but to know that people all over the world see and appreaciate it, is more than I ever asked for. What a truly wonderful thing internet is :)
Seeing as my count is slowly reaching 500 followers, I started to plan on a nice little giveaway. I promise you, that it will be worth the wait :) Of course, you won't have to be a follower to enter, I know all too well that people come to my blog from various sources, and forcing someone to follow is utterly silly.

BUT! All of the blabber above is not really the purpose of this post... As my term in the Dirty Dozen Design Team ended (*sniff sniff*), I want to share with you the projects that I prepared within it.
In fairness to the exclusiveness of the DD Galleries, please excuse me as I won't share the supplies used. SCS Fan Club members can always look them up in the respective gallery. Being a FC member is FUN!

My first month as a Dirtie started with the "Totally Trendy" theme, and I loved it! Here's the first half of my projects...

Seeing as birds (and vintage!) never go out of fashion, I made the two versions (basic & stepped-up) of this fun card:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Remember the boom for the sewing stuff? It's still going strong, but last year it was madness... everyone has been whipping up stuff with sewing machines & spools on it! lol

Photobucket

Hot air balloons... yep, they're helluva trendy and I love them!

Photobucket

And lastly... is MFT stuff hot or what??!

Photobucket

That would be all for now, but in a couple of days I'll share the rest of my projects from the "Totally Trendy" gallery. Stay tuned, sweets...
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Chupa! What are you talking about? Your English is wonderful! If you didn't tell me you had a hard time with it, I would never know! You do bring so much inspiration to everyone. Thank you so much for all that you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too hard on yourself, Chupa. Your English is amazing for it being your second language - wish my Spanish was as good as your English!

    As for your creativity, it is amazing to see how you can do any style - not like me who gets stuck in a rut LOL! Been a wonderful joy to see you success and "fame" in this wonderful craft :) Hugest of (((hugs))) to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Chupa.

    they are absoulutely amazing.i love there color combos, your coloring, the details that you have added to them and not to forget the sentiments that complete them.

    as for your language dont stress out on it. i never would have found out that english is urs second language, if u didnt mention it. you are really good at it :). and i believe that your cards express who you are, more than your language. you really inspire us so much in so many ways.

    i think, i better stop, cus now it seems like a mail and not a comment :) lol.
    catch u later dear.
    hugs
    Alyna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chupa,
    I came across your blog a few weeks ago, love your work and have kept checking in. I must say I had not noticed your struggle with English. So as long as you create, people will come to see.
    Happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards again, Love the birdy card!I know your very busy person , so where do you get the time to make them? I can use some to!A big jar ful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chupa, your english is great!I love your work coz you have a good head for design and colour, always balanced nicely even though there is so much going on. I try to do this and it ends up looking like a peice of pizza! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and have added you to my FAVS! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are all so beautiful. Thank you for showing your bird card done two different ways. You are so talented and such an inspiration. Chupa, you don't need to write a big blog, your work says it all, but your English is great. I don't know where you find all the time to do all these cards. I guess it must come easy to you being that your career has to do with art and design. Love your site and all you share with us. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish my English is as good as yours :P I often think my blog sounds like a 6 years old wrote.

    I remember each one of your work for the SCS Fun Club gallery. They are so gorgeous to be spotlighted again here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so truly amazing! You are an inspiration!

    I would have NEVER known that English was your second language, don't give it a second thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Chupa - today is my first visit to your blog. My oh my. You have an exceptional mix of creativity and inspiration. Love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love visiting your blog, Chupa! I tend to not always read blogs because I have so many I visit, I usually just look at the pictures for inspiration. You are definitely the most prolific blogger I visit in terms of the quantity of work you produce, I really don't know how you find the time to do so much, and do it all so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chupa, you are wonderful!! I never would have known English was difficult for you. Love ~everything~ that you make, & you are always a wonderful source of inspiration. There are a handful of blogs I visit when I am lacking mojo, & yours is one of them :) Keep up the great work from one SAHM to another :) Sorry for my late comment, but I just saw installment #2, clicked back, & wanted to offer you some encouragement. BTW, my posts are pretty boring, too (not that I think yours are). ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012