Monday, 4 April 2011

In my beautiful balloon

Hullo, friends! How have you been? I'm still so-so, trying to figure out what keeps me at low energy. I very much hope that it will pass soon!
On the crafty side, I decided to tackle the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Out of many new trends that appeared in the last months, I actually like this one a lot.
Balloons are very uplifting (excuse the pun). I love to see their enormous, colourful silhouettes in the sky. There's something both adventurous and romantic in them.

I wanted to use the Studio Calico hot air balloon stamp, but it was too big for the sketch that I decided to use (FTL134). I settled for the TSG Aim For The Clouds set instead. Oh, it's my old time favourite...
I wanted a simple card, with a repetition of the same balloon silhouette, in two rows. It looked kinda cool in "my mind's eye", and I hope it still does in physical form :)
The monochromatic colours correspond with the Embellish Decorative Trims Color Trends Challenge.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI( Ripe Avocado); paper: DCWV, My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket; stamps: There She Goes (Aim For The Clouds), Taylored Expressions (It's A Banner Day - 2, with a die); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); sewing machine; lace trim, ric-rac trim

Photobucket Photobucket

Aiming for the sky,
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWESOME!!! from the balloons to the green tonings and the stunning textures at the bottom- love it all!!
    chin up buddy, remember this too shall pass, will try n catch up for a cuppa soon- mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwww........ hope you feel better soon :). this card is so beautiful i absolutely love all the shades of green that are ere.
    a very nice card.
    happy crafting.
    hugs
    Alyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those sweet balloons and fab color combo. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, lady! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab mix of colour,pattern & texture, this card is just fab!
    Good luck with finding more energy, I'm not sure where to look but if you find it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on all challenges, Chupa! I really love your card... the balloons, the paper choices, the "monochromaticness". Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Generally love all of your cards, but this one is especially stunning! Absolutely love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this card! love the repetition of the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and such a different theme, love the tone on tone colour palette.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Card is beautiful!

    LG
    claudia761

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm linking this one up on Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Came over from Practical Scrappers. Congrats on being picked out - not surprised what a fabulous card.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chupa! Great use of patterned papers!!! I love those hot air balloons ;) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool layout! love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to the In My Beautiful Balloon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your interpetation of the challenge. Very appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012