Thursday, 14 April 2011

Two similar sketches, two different cards

How about one more post for tonight?? I had a really lovely crafty evening (despite being weary), and as much as I thought that I'd share the cards tomorrow, I think they turned out pretty cool and I couldn't wait this long :)
I played with two sketches, which after having them altered a little, gave me two similarly looking layouts, but two completely different cards. And you know, that's what I really like about myself as a stamper - I love to tackle various styles, and this way it's really hard for me to run out of steam...

The first card is made with Card Patterns sketch 110, and I paired it with the colours of CR84FN23.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft; paper: Glitz Design (Love Games); stamps: Glitz Design (Love Games), Red Lead Paperworks; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; letter stickers: Glitz Design; ribbon: PTI; decorative brad: Creative Charms; sewing machine; border punch: Martha Stewart

Photobucket Photobucket

For the other one I reached for a digi again... yep, you guessed it! It's another adorable Some Odd Girl :) The sketch comes from Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #65.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white, DCWV (blue); paper: DCWV; stamps: Some Odd Girl (digi), Hero Arts; ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue); Copics; Nestabilities Circles, Scalloped Circles; fabric ribbon; button; sewing machine; border punch: EK Success; string

Photobucket

I hope you like these :) It's time for me to hit the hay now, but I sure will see you tomorrow. Until then! ~
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I love both of these cards. They're really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so fantastic! Love the first one with the touch of hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The versatility of your cards is amazing, Chupa! Love how you flipped the Inkspirations sketch and that little girl is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and sweet, you are just so creative and versatile! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Chupa. Love both... great colors... and awesome images... the embellishments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, but I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one! Perfect take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are both super cards. However, I adore the one you've made for CR84FN - the layout is fab and the bird, punched edges and ribbon are super. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chupa!!! How do you do it every week?! How do you make such stunning creations?! WOW! This has pink in all the right places! Love the combo of the polka dots with the more elegant damask paper - what a fabulous mix! So fabulous!!! Love your other card as well - such a fresh and fun color combo and I LOVE that gingham ribbon!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Pretty interpretation of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors on these!! They make me think of warmer weather, which I'm HOPING will be here soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Chupa! Love the elegance and pretty paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both very different but so lovely, what a combination of eye candy in the first (love that birdie!) and the second, beautiful coloured in springy brights!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are always so inspiring. I esp love the first one with its yummy vintage-ness :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012