Sunday, 8 May 2011

Button love, and some family pics

Hello lovelies, I hope your Mother's Day was full of love and laughter!
Mine was great, in fact the whole weekend was awesome... it's the favourite time of ours, when hubby's home and we can do stuff together.
It's my second Mother's Day (Zuzia is turning 20 months soon), and we went with her to a big playground.
She's only just started discovering various equipment there, and she was having a blast trying everything out. Befriending the dinosaur,



Swinging her little heart out,



Discovering secret passages,



Or chillaxing, watching other kids play...



Also, I forgot to share the pics from the last week's trip to the local craft market. They had a pen with baby animals, that Zuzia blissfully roamed through with daddy. I love this photo, with the cutest little goat munching on daddy's zipper (that's his favourite animal), and Zuzia expressing her opinion on this :) She thought it's utterly hilarious (and it was :))



I hope I didn't bore you yet, I do have some cards to share too!
I apologize to those of you who are tired of me stuffing buttons on just about any card I make... not only they're cute and versatile, come in many forms & endless colours, but they're excellent space fillers & accent builders. I can't resist them, I'm not even trying... :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Rustic Cream, Raspberry Fizz); paper: Kaisercraft; stamps: Layers Of Color (label), Hero Arts (sentiment), Grace Taylor (butterfly); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Balck, London Fog), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); Copics; buttons; sewing machine; lace trim; QuicKutz embossing folder (Retro Diamonds)

The card above was made on the basis of the two fabulous challenges - CR84FN27 (colours), and Card Patterns sketch 114:

Photobucket Photobucket

I've also got this little number, inspired by this card by Jo (Reddydyisco), who's this week's Featured Stamper on SCS (FS222).
I also took the colours from Inkspirations Colour Challenge #68 (I only have a little, though... I used white gel pen to highlight the stamens of the roses)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, white, American Crafts (brown); paper: My Mind's Eye; stamps: Flourishes (Lenten Rose), Layers Of Color (sentiment); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa); Copics; buttons; rhinestones; white gel pen (Signo)

Photobucket

Thank you so much for looking! You rock!!
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Zuzia is a DOLL...I love seeing her pics. I wish I was there to give a BIG hug...enjoy your time with her. They grow up too fast.
    Happy Mother's day to you!
    Lovely cards! Your creations rock as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!! Love the pics of Zuzia :) She is getting sooo big!! Goat picture is great LOL! As for the buttons, keep them coming - never tire of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rose image is gorgeous - beautiful card Chupa! Love the buttons & the pics of your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So belated Happy Mother's Day greetings to you - Zuzia is so cute (I remember when my daughter was so tiny - they grow so fast!!). Take lots of photos and enjoy!!!

    Your cards, as always, are gorgeous. I love your CR84FN one - the layout is lovely. Great details with the stitching, lace, ribbon, texture and buttons! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fab weekend!
    Your cards are gorgeous, especially the rose. I just LoVe those bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vibrant butterfly layered on top of the pretty label on your card for CR84FN Chupa! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pics, Chupa! Especially the one with the baby goats! PRETTY CR84FN card, too! LOVE the embossed border and that FAB butterfly! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous!! Love them!

    Looks like you guys had a lot of fun too...super cute photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, Chupa! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    Zuzia is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are beautiful, Chupa. I love the pretty butterfly in the elegant frame. Glad you could make that sketch work for you. I sure couldn't. I guess I was out of mojo. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zuzia is a darling - love that picture of her with the animals! Enjoy, enjoy, she'll be 20 in the blink of an eye :))

    Both your cards are lovely, great use of the challenge colors for both challenges. I'm a button freak, too, sometimes I just can't resist them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures such an adorable darling.
    Nice cards wow love them. Glad you joined us at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Iowana! Just saying hi! Found your lovely blog through Card patterns and love your work! Take care! Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW OH WOW !!!!!!!! your work is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!!! so elegant and exquisite...
    love it ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. STUN-NING cards friend! LOVE your CR84FN card - that butterfly is breathtaking!!! LOVE the pics of your daughter - the one with the goats is just precious!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012