Thursday, 5 May 2011

CASE Study Challenge #38

The time has come to introduce a new Muse to CASE Study, and I'm giddy with excitement to share, that it's the fabulous Sarah Martina Parker!!
I've been a big fan of hers for quite a while, so have many of our DT gals, and quite possibly most of you... you just can't stay indefferent to her delightful designs!
The first card of hers, that I'm offering as this week's inspiration, is below:



Most of us at the CASE Study DT, were inspired by the rich floral DP, and I'm no different. I love such papers, but they're harder to incorporate into the design, than the simple patterns. I decided to pull out my Grace Taylor Vintage collection (from Grant Archival), I haven't used these lovely papers for months.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, white; paper: Grace Taylor (including butterflies); stamps: PTI (Mat Stack 1 Collection - with die), Taylored Expressions (It's A Banner Day 2 - with die); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), VersaMark; white embossing powder; sewing machine; buttons; Cuttlebug embossing folder (Textile); crocheted doily: Kaisercraft

My card is based on the SSSC115 sketch, and the colours CTD140:

Photobucket Photobucket

Please visit the rest of the fabulous CASE Study Design Team's blogs, to see what yumminess they cooked up for your viewing pleasure this week:

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Sarah Martina Parker - May Muse

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and Linky tools to link up your creation!
Thank you for visiting, have a goodie!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is truly stunning! My eyes widened when I saw it... Just gorgeous! :) Thanks again for including me on this fun journey this month! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word this is fabulous!! the buttons are placed just perfectly, and I'll have some of those KC doilies in my store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Chupa! This is stunning! The popped up butterflies and the floral off the page is gorgeous! I love how you used the crocheted flower under the sentiment too! Love this!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne in Idaho5 May 2011 12:51

    You are so right that it is difficult to incorporate the large designs onto a card but, you did it beautifully! Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, this card is just amazing! The DETAILS...oh my goodness! You certainly have a way with color, design and...scissors! Lovely card, my dear...and this is why you are our leader...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I come and drool a lot... LOL, it's TRUE!! Usually so busy I have to take peeks at work but, not able to comment. Tonite I had a moment to leave a comment. This card is gorgeous!! Honestly, all your work is fabulous though!! Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Очень интересная открыточка!Такая свежая и сочная!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the paper you used, and how you trimmed around the flower at the top so it was included completely! The crocheted doily is a fabulous touch as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012