Monday, 23 May 2011

Butterfly trio

Click HERE for Jessica's birthday surprise blog hop!

Hello again, sweethearts!
I've got another in-between card for you, meaning that I've been putting it together since morning, jumping into my craft room whenever Chuplet gave me a five minutes break :)
It's unusually technique-y for me... I wanted to create a faux stained glass butterflies using vellum and embossing. It's such a graceful effect, but I think I should have used ordinary markers to colour them in, instead of Copics. They are too runny and the colours are not as even as I'd like them to be.
The card looks a bit weird without the sentiment, but I didn't find anywhere sensible to put it...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, American Crafts (purple), PTI (Rustic White); vellum: Grant; stamps: Grace Taylor, Sullivans; ink: Versa Magic (Wheat), Memento (Lavender), VersaMark, Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); white embossing powder; QuicKutz embossing folder (Diamonds and Dots); border punch: EK Success; buttons

I used the fabulous PPA94 sketch, and the colours of CR84FN29. I'm also entering my card into Lily Pad Cards Embossing Challenge.

Photobucket Photobucket

Thank you so much for visiting, and your comments! I love them all!! Hugs,
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh my Chupa! This card is oh so pretty! Those butterflies are stunning! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total gorgeousness, Chupa!! No need for a sentiment at all. Your butterflies are fabulous and love the punched sides of the vertical panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Chupa! Lovely, lovely card. And I really like the effect of the "runny and uneven" colouring on the butterfly wings - it feels a bit like an impressionist watercolour. :-)
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, i love how you've tied in the kraft colour with the buttons and inked edges of the circles. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Chupa! The butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I love the craft and purple colors together! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this Chupa. I think the Copics give the butterflies that watercolor looks that makes them stand out. This is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn spelling mistakes LOL!
    Chupa, this is STUNNING!!! Love the faux stained glass - IMH(umble)O, I think the copics look awesome! They give a little watercolor effect to the butterflies. And how fab is the layering of the border punch on the stamped border?!?! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is an absolute stunner! I love that shade of lavender and the butterfly design really makes a statement. Great job incorporating both dry and heat embossing, too! Thanks for playing in the Lily Pad pond.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!! The colouring on the butterflies is super and I really like the pretty borders down either side of your card. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012