Monday, 2 May 2011

I'm a SNR Featured Artist!

Hi there, sweets!
I’ve got the pleasure to be a Featured Artist at Scrapbook News & Review today!



I'm featuring a tutorial on my favourite twist on the emboss resist technique. Here's how it goes...

I started with die-cutting a label from a piece of white matte paper, and gathering the supplies. We are firstly going to stamp a background pattern on the label, so we’ll need a background stamp of one’s choice (my usual pick being a text or musical pattern – Glitz Design’s Distressing stamp set used here), and an ink that’s not too dark, but still stands out.

Photobucket

Once stamped, I’m preparing my label for heat embossing, by swiping the embossing buddy over it.

Photobucket

You will need a solid silhouette image for embossing. The more solid the image, the more of the previously stamped background will be visible from under it. I chose the girl from Flourishes Kids At Play stamp set.

Photobucket

I stamped the image with VersaMark and clear embossed. The result should be more or less like this:

Photobucket

Now we need to grab a slightly darker shade of ink, and sponge it over the entire piece of cardstock.

Photobucket

Don’t worry if you swipe your ink over the embossed image. The fun part about the emboss resist technique is, that the ink doesn’t stick to it . To get rid of the surplus ink, gently rub a baby wipe over the embossed parts.

Voila! Here’s the end result:

Photobucket

Note: I used water soluble inks on my sample, which makes the process a little bit more fiddly (the sponged ink may come off the paper, when you swipe a baby wipe over it). To make things easier, make sure you use non water-based inks, or heat setting before removing excess ink might help too.

I'm entering this card into Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #7 (beautiful inspiration) & JUGS82, which is to use the emboss resist technique. Right on time, huh?? :)

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! Thanks for looking, xoxo
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous - thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic effect. Thanks for the "how" of how you created such a graceful image. Thank you for joining Just Us Girls for resist embossing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Chupa, congratulations on being the featured Artist at Scrapbook News & Review - fantastic! I love your tutorial, thank you. Your card is beautiful and I am so glad you joined us again at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! awsome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Chupa!!! I can't tell you how often I come by and you take my breath away!! This is indeed a lovely twist on the emboss resist technique!!! Thanks for sharing this fantastic tutorial!!! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, THERE you have it, friend! EXACTLY what I'm talking about - INNOVATION at it's craftiest! THIS is splendid, my dear! You had me at the stamps and spellbinders shape {lol} but THEN you made a card! Hot buttered superstars - YOU rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card chick! Love it and the technique used. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... mwah! Ange

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012