Tuesday, 3 May 2011

One happy Chupa! (and some Echo Park cards)

And so the dream came true - for some totally obscure to me reason, I reached 500 Followers! YIPPEE!!
Let me tell you, it's mind blowing to know that so many of you chose to do so, and I'm grateful for every comment that you leave on these pages. Thank you so much, dear friends! You truly set my heart a flutter :)
As promised, I will be setting up a nice little giveaway, so stay tuned! I should have it all set up within a couple of days.

Now, for the fresh portion of paper cuts and ink smears... I noticed that Echo Park Paper has launched a nice & juicy Fresh Faces Design Team Call, and I decided to jump into the opportunity. It's no secret that I LOVE patterned papers, and can barely finish a card without the tiniest strip of it somewhere. Echo Park has some of the most gorgeous papers around, and they're a delight to work with.
For the three cards that I prepared for the occasion, I pulled out three of my favourite EP lines, chose three sketches to begin with (you know how I love sketches...), and got the ball rolling!

I only wish I had some coordinating EP embellies to work with, to show the Team what I can do with these too. Being a frugal crafter, I barely ever purchase full collections, and most of the time it's just the papers that I end up with. I truly hope that it won't affect the judging, as I'm sure that I'd have a blast with the bits & bobs too!

Enough of the blabber, though. The first card that I'm going to show you, is made with perhaps my most loved EP collection - For The Record. I love designs with a touch of retro...
I found these cute kids from the Glitz Design Laced With Grace collection fitting perfectly.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: white; paper: Echo Park Paper (For The Record); stamps: Prima (flourish); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Glitz Design Whatnot (Laced With Grace); sewing machine; edge distresser; floss; assorted Washi tapes; button; letter stickers: Carolee's Creations

The sketch comes from Cardabilities:

Photobucket

For the next card, I cut into the papers from the Life Is Good line. These got me hooked on EP in the first place. I especially love the colours - deep teal, pastel yellow and powder pink together.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst), recycled kraft, white; paper: Echo Park Paper (Life Is Good); stamp: SU!; ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versa Color (Celadon); Nestabilities Circles, Scalloped Circles; QuicKutz embossing folder (Polka Dots); edge distresser;pearls: Rasberry; lace trim: Kaisercraft; ribbon: SU!; butterfly punches: Martha Stewart, Cristina Re; paper rose

The sketch comes from Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #67:

Photobucket

Lastly, the very elegant Be Mine collection, paired with the MOJO189 sketch...

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Raspberry Fizz), American Crafts (grey), Artarama (blue), white; paper: Echo Park Paper (Be Mine); stamps: SU!, Flourishes; ink: Memento (London Fog, Angel Pink); Copics; Nestabilities Circles, Scalloped Circles; Shapeabilities Ribbon Tags Trio; grosgrain ribbon; leafy branch die: Taylored Expressions; button; string: AnnaBelle Stamps; paper piercer; border punch: Martha Stewart

Oops! Can you tell I forgot about the little banner in the bottom right corner? Ugh...

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you once again, for all your support and love. I love ya' back... BIG time! :)
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Three beauties, Chupa! Thanks for joining us at Inkspriations again this week, love your mojo card and a huge congrats on 500 followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Chupa, I see your work all over the place and you never cease to amaze me...your cards are all so gorgeous...these three are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...Great cards!!! These are looking great and fabulous. I like this designs.. My favorite is the first one.. Friends card is cute and pretty one. Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are seriously gorgeous, like all of your work! Best of luck to you in the DT call. They would be so incredibly blessed to have you on their team! And congrats on reaching 500 Followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! Congrats on 500 followers! I love your blog, always full of fabulous inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are all just gorgeous! I just love the pink flowers with the blue leaves! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chupa, congrats on 500!!! Gorgeous cards, as usual. Your mojo card is stunnin with those gorgeous flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 500 followers! All these cards are amazing! But my fave would have to be those cute kids, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here's to the next 500 followers!
    Now it's just my opinion but Echo Park Papers would be CRAZY not to pick a talented girlie like yourself to be on their DT! You just have such a fabulous way with DP - I need to learn from you to de-hoard my own stash (and buy some more - ha!)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012