Saturday, 14 May 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #11

So, here goes another Sketchbook Saturday, posted on Sunday... :)
Thank you for those who played along last week! I had a lower attendance than usually, but it was my fault - I forgot to link the right sketch in the sidebar, and it was still leading you to the previous challenge. Well done, Chupa :) I'll do better this time!
The sketch below was inspired by this awesome card by Nerina. You know I luv me some layers, but don't feel bound to make a layered card if it's not your style. Feel free to simplify the sketch however you wish!



Yet again I pulled out my MME Gertie paper pad today. Out of the whole Stella & Rose collection, this one attracts me most. I love the rich, vibrant colours and homespun look... {happy sigh}

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft; paper: My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose - Gertie); stamps: Penny Black (Flower Gallery), PTI (Fancy Flourishes); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa); sewing machine; buttons; ribbon: SU!; border punch: Martha Stewart; glitter glue: Reeves

I've been wanting to order a suitable die, but in the meantime, I'm cutting the bracket shapes myself. I've got a chipboard shape that I use as a template. I'm not complaining :)
---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz application, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------

I hope you'll find the time to play along. Have fun with it!
Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. I luv this Chupa...I having been lurking to see when you where going to post your new sketch...hehehehe. I made cards using last weeks sketch, but I am posting them in tomorrows reveal of the new dirties. I am not sure what keyword/letters you use for your sketches. They will be in the more is more section. thanks, hope your day is great!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card....the stamped flourish and flower combo is gorgeous and looooove the little corrugated bit of kraft card....fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING!!! Those layers stand out perfectly and colors have blended beautifully!!!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Как красиво!Замечательная работа!Очень люблю машинную строчку и пуговички!!!
    Хорошего дня и вдохновения!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOODNESSS!!! I LOVE layers and I LOVE this cheerful card full of pattened papers and stitching!!!! Thanks for the awesome sketch...now I just need time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is gorgeous! So sorry havnt been playing lately... the heat in our part of the world is killing my mojo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012