Monday, 9 May 2011

Would you help me?

Hello, dear friends!
I've been thinking about writing this post for a while, but I kept putting it away. I'm reluctant to ask you a favour, I don't really think it's the best way to do things, but I sincerely hope that you'll be able to help me out :)

Life has been pretty tough on my family, as of this year. We've been struggling financially, and we're finding ourselves often not having enough to live through a month. Things are definitely going to improve in a couple of months, but we need to find something to help us through, in the meantime.

Being a SAHM, and having a not so cheap hobby, certainly doesn't help, and I've been searching high and low, for the ways to have my cards pay for themselves, so to speak. You surely know that I'm a very prolific crafter, and I usually create a few cards daily. I've been trying to sell them in shops, markets, etc, with next to no luck. Even after sharing some with my family or donating, I've still got a couple of hundreds of cards, stacked in boxes and feeling unloved.

Hence the BIG request... If you know someone, who would be willing to carry my cards in their shop, or would like to buy them from me in wholesale quantities, could you please let me know?
I'm thinking of a minimum purchase of 50 cards, and a price of $2 each. I'd sell only my best work. Long-term agreement would be ideal, but I'd be just as happy to sell a larger quantity once.
You can reach me via my email: iwona_estera@wp.pl, or just leave me a comment below, with your email address, and I'll get back to you ASAP.

In a gesture of appreciation, if you are able to help me find a buyer, I will send you a super cool gift.

Thank you so much, for bearing with me! If you took the time to read this, you're awesome. If you'll consider helping me, I will be forever grateful. Love ya', HUGS!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hey Chupa! Try this site - http://www.aussiecardsforsale.com/ - I know they were looking for designers a while ago, but may still have room for your gorgeous cards! I think the cards are bought from the creator and then sold online and through markets. :-) Hope that helps, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, Chupa!! I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods will have a few leads for you! Hang in there (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa - try your local floristry shops, great sellers of cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iwona,
    As mentioned by Danielle (above) Alicia my fellow teamie from the Mad for Markers DT runs the aussie cards for sale site. Alicia's blog is here
    http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/ and she lives near Tamworth.
    Best wishes
    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dear. Why not sell them at ETSY??
    Don't you think $2 is so cheap?? Your beautiful cards deserve much more....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely give Etsy a try - and you can sell your card there for at least $6 or so. Best of luck! Maybe you can also think about teaching classes - another good source of income.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I come here I see that every creation you make is a little work of art and love - and worth much more than $2. Do try Etsy and workshops can be great fun too. I have just started doing that...relaxed, easy and creative fun right here in my own kitchen with all my stash (we all have enough for 100 workshops!). Wishing you much success and open doors...
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chupa, sorry to hear you are having a hard time of it, seems to be the way life has gone lately & unfortunately!! Your cards are beautiful & I know you'll be able to make some money off of them. I'm not sure how things are in Australia, I'm sure alot different then here in the USA, but...I got into selling my cards @2yrs ago. I got started by doing some local craft shows (for local high schools) & put all my contact info into the cards I sell. I now have 5 to 6 steady customers, that keep my busy & I have a basket of cards at my Hair shop, ladies love to buy cards & their money is already out when they are at the hair shop. I would also try Etsy, I never have, but I hear great things!! Good luck to you & if I hear of any, I'll let you know!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012