Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Back in the saddle

Fingers crossed I am indeed! As I sat back to a card this afternoon, it came together effortlessly, and I enjoyed the process like I never did in the last week. I needed a break badly, I reckon. I still do, as much as I need to re-evaluate my (crazy) hobby and the amount of time that I devote to it.
I'm nowhere near quitting anything, don't worry :) I will just start doing things at a slower pace, and concentrate more on other fun things that the craft world offers, including designing stamps. I'm sure there are many more exciting adventures around the corner, and I don't want to burn out before they come :)
Anyhoo, here's the card for you... you've got to excuse the yellowish photo - there's a strong sun coming through my window, and I can't for the life of me, make things any better right now.
(Update: I took a new photo... that's better!)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, PTI (Rustic Cream), American Crafts (red, pink); paper: My Mind's Eye (Alphabet Soup); stamps: Flourishes (Apple Of My Eye); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); Copics; Nestabilities Circles/Scalloped Circles; QuicKutz embossing folder (Diamonds & Dots); lace; ribbon; fabric brad; Liquid Pearls (Petal Pink)

The challenges I had in mind, when making this one are: TSTR68 - My Favorite Things (I used my favourite brand of papers ATM, my best loved Flourishes stamp set, and all-time favs: ribbon & lace); The Ribbon Reel challenge #5 - Summer Fruit (inspiration below); and the lovely sketch from Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #75:Link


Thanks for bearing with me - you're the best bunch of peeps EVAH!! :)
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Iwona, this is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Your creations last week were still beautiful (you're SO talented that you really can't go wrong) but, WOW, this one is TO DIE FOR! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, I love the colouring of those apples and that large fabric brad! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy, Chupa! One of my favie Flourishes stamps too! Thanks for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room and at The Ribbon Reel this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back to creating and taking the time to evaluate. It's good for the soul :)

    Love the way you used this week's sketch. The apples are great and the liquid pearls on the sentiment panel are a fabulous touch. Wonderful work as always! Love the next post's card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Chupa!!The fruit looks like it leaps right off the page!!!Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so summery. Love the bright colors. As usual, your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love the fruity apples, so bright and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love the colours! thanks for playing with us at Inkspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Chupa! I just loved the good feeling that this card projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012