Sunday, 12 June 2011

CAS-ify me - Gallery Idol Open Auditions

So, I really thought I'd never try this. That anything that comes from Paper Crafts Connection/ PC mag is not for me - not the style that I sport, and therefore I'd have no chance in any competition they hold. I still think so, but in spite of this I thought I'd throw my two cents into this year's Gallery Idol... heck, in the end I don't lose anything, do I?

The theme for the first round is "Congratulations", and I pulled out my PTI & Hampton Arts stamps, to create these.
(OMG can you believe I made three CAS cards in one sitting?? I'm in shock myself!)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, PTI (Hibiscus Burst, Rustic White); stamps: PTI (Blooming Button Bits, Say It With Style), Sullivans; ink: Memento (Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa); rhinestones: Scrapbooking Bitz; button

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Plum Pudding, Rustic White), SU! (orange); paper: My Mind's Eye; stamps: PTI (Signature Greetings, Polka Dot Basics), Hampton Art; ink: Memento (Paris Dusk, Sweet Plum); border punch: EK Success; baker's twine

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, American Crafts (red); paper: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found); stamps: PTI (Signature Greetings, Dot Spot), Hampton Arts; ink: Memento (Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa), Versa Magic (Wheat); staples; grosgrain ribbon; red pen

You can view all Gallery Idol submissions in this Flickr Pool. The deadline is on the 4th of July, so there's plenty of time to join in.
So which of the above you like best? Do you like CAS a'la Chupa at all? I'm curious to find out :)
Thanks for visiting! xxx
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. *thud* OMG, Girlie!!! You totally rock the CAS style and I'm so happy you DID throw your two cents in for this comp!
    I obviously love all these CAS creations but I adore the way you underlined the 'YOU' in the last one - it's those little things that really make me smile :)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't know why you would say that as this is totally my style. Love all of your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....you rocked each and every card in the way that you always rock:) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every card here dearie!!!!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVING your CAS cards! I do prefer the CAS style and love your take on it! Glad you are throwing your hat in the Gallery Idol ring - - I think you have a great chance at it! Best of luck in Round #1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think no matter what you touch - you turn them into works of art. I totally love the thrid card. Good Luck on the competition - I'll be there to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last one the best Chupa! Love how you stamped over another image like that. :) And the colors are just yummy too! :) You've just inspired me to start inking my stamps this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both your styles. I love the CAS and I love your other because I always look at it and love all the touches! I am so happy you threw your hat into the comp and think you should continue. You are SO talented and I really think you could win the WHOLE thing!! Make more and keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are all lovely. You're doing an awesome job CAS-ifying yourself..I especially love the first one...very girly, yet, sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chupa, wow, these are great. I love them all, for different reasons. The first is elegant, the second is so cute for baby and the third, my favorite, looks more like your style. I am glad you are entering the Gallery Idol challenge. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, you rock at any style and I think these cards prove it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you have proven YOU CAN DO ANY style girl!!! These CAS cards are truely AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Iwona! I'm sure you can DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just so amazing, you can do every still. I LOVE you CAS cards. All of them are FAB but the 3rd is my fave, I just adore the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am totally loving this CAS style Chupa! Love your very elegant and rich first card! Beautiful cute second card, love the sketch. And your third card has inspired me to get out a stamp I have not used enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012