Thursday, 16 June 2011

Dirty Dozen projects part 5

Hi sweets, here's the next installment of my Dirty Dozen projects!
We're moving now to the November 2010 Gallery, with the theme being "Well Read". We were creating projects inspired by a book. I loved that theme :) I'm a book worm with a chronic lack of time, so I'm not doing nearly enough of reading these days, but goodness knows I LOVE a good read!
If you're a SCS Fan Club member, you can view the gallery here. You can also find the complete list of supplies of each of my cards there.

I'll start with a set of bookmarks, with my favourite Hero Arts Cuckoo stamps... in the Palamountain household, bookmarks are needed constantly (especially now that some little bug keeps stealing them! HA!)



The card below was inspired by "The Cricket on the Hearth" by Charles Dickens.
It's a warm and lovely Christmas book, one of my cherished childhood memories. I was rather trying to capture the spirit of the story in colours and sentiment, and the doggie just happened to get there too, lol



This one, was inspired by one of my favourite books ever: "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. It's a children's book about friendship, life & human nature. Probably the most philosophical of children's books ever written, in fact I think everyone should read it, no matter what age.



Lastly, the inspiration for this card was "Geisha Of Gion" by Mineko Iwasaki - an autobiography of Japan's number one geisha. An utterly delightful journey into the secret world of Japanese culture, and one of my most favourite reads.
Don't mistake it for the book called "Memoirs Of A Geisha", or a film based on that book (which was lovely too, btw). The latter is showing a slightly distorted look into this beautiful world, and the author was sued by Mineko for violating the agreement to protect her anonymity.
"Geisha Of Gion" was written by Mineko herself, and pictures this precious, dying culture in the most compelling way.



Stay tuned for the second part of my November Gallery, coming next week :)
Smooches,
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm a baaaad stalker! I haven't been by to leave you love in awhile and I feel like a heel. I still can't figure out how you produce so many GORGEOUS cards and take care of a child. You are my hero, little mama!

    Keep on taking our breath away with your amazing talent!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, Chupa! My favourite is the last one...I have Asian ancestry and a soft spot for Asian culture, art, and food...of ALL kinds! Although my Asian heritage is Chinese, I grew up with an older brother who is into Japanese anime, manga, and video games and also lived in Tokyo for some time as a young adult. I am planning a last minute trip to Japan for early July..I'm SO excited! I must read Geisha of Gion..I have read Memoirs of a Geisha. I actually thought it was completely fictional, LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012