Saturday, 11 June 2011

My Mind's Eye Layout Challenge

Hi sweets, thank you so much for the wonderful response to yesterday's post!
One of the things I promised myself to do more, is scrap my precious girl's life. I made this layout for the current MME Blog Challenge, which is this incredible sketch:



I used the papers and die-cuts from the Lost & Found collection, that I covet so much.
Another requirement for the challenge, was the theme - song lyrics. As I looked at these pictures from our first family trip to the zoo, especially at Zuzia's extremely casual outfit *wink*, I immediately thought of the "Wild Thing" song by The Troggs :)

Photobucket

Notice that tag tucked under one of the photos? I hid some journaling there:

Photobucket

I also did a bit of stamping. I thought this birdie from the TSG Love Birds set would fit perfectly, perched on the banner.

Photobucket

I used one more TSG set on this page, can you spot it? It's some faux stitching done with the In Stitches cross pattern.

I'm still crossed that I can't take a good photo of a scrapbook page, this looks much better in real life... I hope to find a way around the problem, as I do more LO's in the future.

See you soon, have a lovely weekend!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous layout. Love all of the little touches including that sweet birdie! This reminds me of the first time we visited the zoo with my son (he was around 18 months old). He pushed through a crowd of people that had gathered around to gaze at a butterfly on the floor of the butterfly house and promptly stomped on it and squashed it! He then turned as if to say it's okay everyone I got it! I quickly walked away and left my husband to deal with it!
    Susan xxox
    PS I haven't forgotten that I need to stop by to see you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Well done. I love that range of papers. Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Chupa! I find scrapbooking much harder than cardmaking and I do find going through photos and having them printed is such a chore. When I have kids, I hope I feel a lot more motivated to do it myself. Zuzia is SO adorable...I'm sure when she's older, she'll treasure your scrapbooks. Hahahaha, I'm still learning to take decent photos of my cards...I can imagine getting a good photo of a scrapbooking layout would be even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa, this is fantastic!!! Such wonderful details & the bird stamp worked out perfectly! I have issues photographing layouts, too. Do post if you solve that one! I think your photo looks pretty good, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous page - beautiful job and great details and of course the perfect subject!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See and you said you had issues with making scrapbook pages. This is absolutely flawless!! Gorgeous work as always. I think your photo is awesome (I posted mine today and the photo doesn't look this outstanding) - so when you solve the photo issue do tell because I want to post more of my layouts as well.

    Beautiful work lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely page Iwona.....the photo is not as bad as you think....I think it's come up fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job including the stamping! Love these papers! I think I might have done a layout recently with them! What a precious little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa, your pages are as beautiful as your cards. I just love everything about your colors and stamp that you chose. OK, now I am really going to get restarted on my scrapbooking. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012