Saturday, 11 June 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #15

Hello, bloggers!
It's high time I shared a new sketch with you. This week I'm pairing it with my new CAS-ify me project, where I challenge myself to clean & simple design. You'll be able to find all my CAS-ify me posts by clicking on the label at the bottom.
Here's this week's sketch:



After cutting out the branch, I was left with two extra holes in the cardstock, that were cut out with the die. I covered both of them with pearls, and added a couple of small ones for a better composition.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, SU! (Cajun Craze), American Crafts (black), white blending card; paper: page from an old book; stamps: PTI (Mega Mixed Messages), Grace Taylor (Nature Girl), Rubber Stampede (Crackle Background); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk); Copics; Pearls: AnnaBelle Stamps; Leafy Branch die: Taylored Expressions

My inspiration comes from the Background Stamping Color Trends Challenge at Embellish Magazine.
Link

---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC15.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Have fun with it :)
Photobucket


17 comments:

  1. Well y'know I'm a HUGE fan of the CASified Chupa, right?! ;D
    I adore your use of the negative die-cut leaves, girlie! Totally fabby!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card! That butterfly is so bold and fabulous and the negative is always a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the colors and it is simply wonderful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! gorgeous card!! =)
    hugs, SannaS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, so simple and yet loads of drama. Simply beautiful! I'll have to try my hand at this sketch if I get a chance..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Iwona! I love this sketch, but it seems a bit difficult for me. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy heck. That is a stinkin' GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I would have never thought of using a die cut that way but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that die cut, brilliantly teamed up with the old book page !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very nice card! Love how you have used the die cut leaves and combined it with the script background. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no link but here's my card:

    http://debbiestandard.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-sharing_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha - oh by the way your card is totally awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! beautiful card, LOVE that crackle background. I am goin got have to look up that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, hellooooo....gorgeousness!! Your rocked the background stamping!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, ...as always! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012