Friday, 10 June 2011

Spicing things up

Hi again!
Yes, I know that I post A LOT... more than a majority of bloggers out there. I'd like to know - does it annoy you sometimes? Tire you? I wonder... Not because I ever received any negative feedback, quite the contrary! Although I think it's not hard to imagine someone grumbling "oh, it's that nut-case, spamming my Google Reader again..." lol
So, if it does get on your nerves, please forgive... you can always erase my blog from the subscription list :)

Anyhoo, ramblings aside, I'd just like to let you know that things are going to change a bit here.
I've been giving some thought to my card-making in the last days. It's been two years now, since I made my first "adult" card. It's been a crazy ride, but I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
I figured it's time to let some fresh air in, try new things, instead of producing endless piles of comfort-zone cards.

SO.
Uno, I'm going to try and do more scrapbooking. Zuzia is growing up so quickly, and I already feel that some of our early days memories are fading away. Moreover, scrapbooking simply attracts me, so why not dig deeper?

Duo, I will do less challenges. concentrating only on these that appeal to me most, and post more challenge-free projects instead.

Tres, I will do more simple designs. It's time to break that "let me just add this (and this) (and that)" routine. I do love my layers & papers, ribbons and frills, but I feel there's a new exciting land waiting for me to discover, called CAS.
I came up with the idea of introducing an ongoing CAS-ify me category into this blog, where I'll focus more on the technique & design, and the card below is my first installment.

So, here goes! (if you're still with me, kudos!!)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, SU! (Soft Suede), PTI (Melon Berry); paper: My Mind's Eye (Good Day Sunshine); stamps: WaltzingMouse Stamps (Rose In Bloom); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); black pen

The sketch comes from WMSC50, and the colour inspiration from Tuesday Trigger: Cosmopolitan Neopolitan.



Have a sweet day,
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Cupa, the rose image looks wonderful on the patterned paper, it's so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, please excuse my typo Chupa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa, sounds like a wonderful plan!!! I need to work on my scrapbooks with 3 little ones - I am very behind!! Maybe you will motivate me! Love this CAS card with those pieced flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your projects..this CAS is beautiful. It still has your "touch". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iwona!!!! I'm sooooo excited about your 'Tres' idea! I look forward to seeing CAS cards with your own style!:)

    Torico
    (I don't know why, but Blogger doesn't allow me to comment here using my Google account:()

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always amazed at continous flow of cards but more amazed by the creativity, designs and love - so blog your socks off. I loce doing CAS - normally I did really fussy detailed complex stuff but I started with CAS afew months back and it is way too addictive and just as good for the brain muscle. Love you new CAS - and will be back for more! Looking forward to seeing some fabulous LO's too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you post a lot - makes you worthwhile following :-) Looking forward to seeing your new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your posts!!! I ALWAYS find such amazing inspiration from you, along with a little jealousy LOL! I would love to be able to produce your masterpieces!! I too NEED to do more scrapbooking...I started off as a scrapbooker, and I really feel guilty about not doing more of it!! So I really look forward to seeing your LO, and hopefully it will inspire me to do some!! I adore your CAS card...I too need to give this a go...I really find it very difficult to do though! You did a fabulous job Chupa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First - your card is just lovely. I really like the kraft card base and those roses look wonderful. And you've seem to be able to do CAS really well!!


    Second - I always enjoy reading your blog. You produce lovely cards - in a style that I'd love to be able to do. I try, but don't do it well! I like your idea to do more scrapping (something I must do too). As for CAS - I think this style tends to be a bit more me - I not as CAS as some, but still more than others.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with this CAS card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your CAS style is just as gorgeous as your vintage stlye! So beautiful, I love it! The amount of cards you produce in a day always wows me! I wish I could put a card together as quickly as you.....not that they look quick, they are always masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I've noticed you've done some cas cards recently! For some reason I find cas intimidating...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the FIRST in your new advanture - wow - awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love all of your work and never tire of receiving your blog in my reader!! I don't usually leave comments but I am a huge fan of yours and love your weekly sketches. I also love the CAS style (that is my comfort zone). Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Little ones grow up WAY too quickly so I can totally understand wanting to document your daughter's life!! I love the new CAS look you've been sporting -

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Chupa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chupa, I love your posts. I put aside my cards this week to get a few scrapbook pages done, too. My daughter is getting married on Oct 1th , this year and I still need to finish up her early years of life. But, I am still inspired by your work. As long as you have your archives available, I will be one happy stamper. LOL.
    Zuzia is a cutie. One word of advise. Write down all the little things she does during the day. My daughter often asks me what she did at different ages. Love your CAS ify me category. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is marvelous! Great take on the trigger in yummy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful card! I was bitten by the CAS bug a few months ago and haven't looked back :) If this card is any indication neither will you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful take on the TT! congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chupa! First congrats on your Moxie Fab TT for your first official CAS-isfy me card! How awesome is that! Was it meant to be??? I have loved all your "layered" cards but I fail miserably at making them myself, so to say the least I am HAPPY that you are going to go CAS at times, that means I can learn from you! I'm with you on the scrapbooking, my daughter is almost 6 and I have maybe 20 12X12 pages of scrapped photos! So I desperately need to make this happen, maybe you will inspire me there too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful Chupa! Congratulations on your Moxie Fab TT win!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A well deserved Trigger Target, gorgeous card! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012