Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Charming

For my TSG Float My Boat Blog Hop post, please click HERE. Thanks!

I've got an evening card tonight! Pretty incredible, considering that I'm in the middle of a very busy time, and finished it this evening, along with tomorrow's TSG Blog Hop sample and a CASE Study card. Now I've got a TON of scheduling to make, but before I get into the tedious bits, I wanted to show you the said little creation.
(Oh noes! NO stamping involved!)



Supplies: cardstock: American Crafts (black), recycled kraft; paper/label: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found - Union Square); transparencies: Glitz Design (Laced With Grace); pearls: AnnaBelle Stamps; border punch: EK Success; sewing machine; organza ribbon; button; seam binding

I haven't made my own embellies for TOO long (I admit it, I'm lazy), so I decided it's time to kick myself in the butt and found the current CARDS blog challenge a perfect excuse. Paige is asking for gathered ribbon flowers, and I picked some red organza to make mine. It's really quite quick to make and pretty easy, so here's to hoping that I won't forget about this technique :)

The sketch that I used is VLVJul2011 Week 4. True to Chupa style, a perfectly free take.



Also, since it happens to meet the criteria, I'm linking this one into OCC's "All the B's" challenge (black, button, bling, bow)
I hope you'll have a fabulous day... see you tomorrow!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. lovely, and to be honest, I actually giggled when you said oh noes... it is some thing my little sister and I say all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very FABULOUS!! Love the DPs and the ribbon and the ribbon flower it just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you use of color of this challenge is very pretty. I too have started making my own embellishments. And your gathered ribbon flower looks professional! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much- the scallops across the bottom, the stripes, the stitching, the sentiment, and of course, all the Bs! Thanks for playing along with us again at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012