Monday, 11 July 2011

It's hip to be square

Apparently I've been in a square card mood tonight... however, my mojo isn't flying high, so I'm not sure about the "hip" part) Again, you be the judge :)

First, simple card is designed with the newly released Song In My Heart stamp set, designed by me for Paper & Such Store.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, SU!; papers: My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages; stamps: Paper & Such (Song In My Heart); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); BG10 Copic; sewing machine; buttons

It loosely follows the colours of PDCC89, and the sketch from Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #77:



With the other one, I tried to be creative and made this life saving ring... but I'm not 100% satisfied with the layout, the elements seem out of balance.
The stamps are by TSG, except from the big shells on the tag - these are from an old, trusty dollar stamp set :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Enchanted Evening), SU! (Baja Breeze), Canson (red), white; stamps: There She Goes (By The Sea), dollar stamps (Sullivans?); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa, Summer Sky), Versa Color (Bark); baker's twine; white cotton twine; eyelet

This time I used the colours & theme of Embellish Nautical Color Trends Challenge, as well as the CPS226 sketch:



Thanks for paying me a visit, today and always! You're too sweet :)
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh you prove that it's hip to be square, girlie! You're mojo seems A-OK to me! :D
    What a fabulous creative approach to your nautical card!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I am going to copy this one. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards, Chupa. Congrats on your stamp line :) Love the life ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card on the first. Love the sentiment and darling little birds. The second is a fabulous masculine card. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the first card is just beautiful and the second one - well that's just genius - totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly don't see any lack of Mojo here! Your cards are fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and love them both! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :) Nice color combo and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic take on the Inkspirations sketch Chupa. Love your stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, in light of our convo earlier, you are now required to admit it: You are a genuis! That Embellish card is INCREDIBLE!!!! So smart, perfect layout. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful creations! The first is plain gorgeous! LOVE those sweet birds! And the second is pure genius with that sketch! Yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa--you always knock my socks off! I LOVE both cards--but that second one is super adorable! LOVE the theme;) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a really, really cute use of the CPS sketch! I love both of your cards and your use of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nautical perfections, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012