Saturday, 2 July 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #18

I'm chimimng in again this evening - make sure you won't miss my previous post, which is a Wee Memories Blog Hop! Please scroll down if you'd like to check out my card. Thanks!

I'm bringing you a new sketch, that I hope you'll love! I do :) The sketch, along with my card, are strongly inspired by this beauty by Laurie Willison.



I wanted an elegant look, and I settled down for the mix of colours that I love: muted teal, brown & dark cream. I think it turned out lovely, although I'm not entirely sure about the Liquid Pearls flourishes that I added to the label...



Supplies: cardstock: PTI (Fine Linen, Ocean Tides), American Crafts (brown), white; paper: American Crafts; stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (Fancy Phrases, Vintage Lables 18); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versa Magic (Oasis Green); sewing machine; Nestabilities Labels 18; border punch: EK Success; organza ribbon; flowers; Liquid Pearls (Pewter)
---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC18.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Have fun with it :)
Photobucket


12 comments:

  1. Loving the sketch. Away next week but keeping it in my "to use" pile for when I have time to play with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sketch...hope I get a chance to try it out before I leave on Monday..but, maybe I'm being a tad over-ambitious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this sketch! I am off to create something for it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! This is gorgeous! I love those blooms! And the color combo is awesome! Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sketch Chupa.I couldn´t wait and run to create a card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sketch - thank you for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey GF...loved the sketch and couldn't resist playing along! Your sample card is beautiful..love the tag die :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how 3 of us FTTC girls used your sketch for the challenge this week. You do a fab job creating them. TFS. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sketch, and your card is gorgeous! Love the splash of bright color via the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore this sketch and I love your card sample. Thank you so much! Here's a card I made using the sketch (minus the bow element): http://raindropechodesigns.blogspot.com/2011/07/whimsy-july-release-day-2-showcase.html

    Thank you for all your inspiring creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this sketch, I just couldn't post my card until today. Your card is gorgeous, love the colors. Thank you for the inspiration.
    http://bellisimavida.blogspot.com/2011/09/prickley-pear-release-party-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chupa...I've taken the help of this sketch to make a card. Though I haven't followed it completely, it's certainly based on this beautiful sketch. Will post the link as soon as the post goes live. Would love you to visit and leave me a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012