Thursday, 18 August 2011

CASE Study Challenge #53

We're continuing with the Anniversary celebrations at CASE Study this month, by giving you a different challenge each week.
This time the challenge is very special to me, as we get to CASE myself. Let me tell you, I can't wait to see what everyone makes! Especially after hearing the feedback from our former Muses, that the experience is so rewarding :)
One of the things that tickle me most about my card-making adventure, is when I see that I give someone inspiration. It's amazing how the little craft that I commit in my craft room, can make an impact on someone who lives on the other side of the world. It's such a humbling knoweledge.

Anyway, rambling aside and let's get the ball rolling! I decided to revisit one of my creations from way back, when I had no idea what I'm doing yet... *wink*
I initially thought that CASEing myself will be a pain, but I actually enjoyed it a lot.
Here's the picture of the card, you can find it here on my former blog.



I like the idea of having the ribbon play a major role in the design. One thing that I enjoy about my early crafting is that I was thinking outside the box. I tend to follow the beaten tracks a lot these days.
While browsing these early cards, I found a couple of ideas that I might revisit again, I also found a few nice layouts that will probably make it into the Sketchbook Saturday some time soon :)

On the previous card I used a piece of DP, now my background is stamped. I also used a stamped fower, and instead of embossing I did some subtle scoring.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (turquoise), SU! (Old Olive), cream; stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (Roses In Bloom, Fancy Phrases, Text It), PTI (Guide Lines Two); ink: Versa Magic (Wheat, Aloe Vera, Tuxedo Black), PTI (Fresh Snow), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone); YG95 Copic; grosgrain ribbon; Scor-Buddy

I'd love you to visit the rest of the CASE Study Design Team's blogs, to see what they cooked up with the inspiration...

Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin (yay, she's back!)
Julie Smith
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams

If you'd like to play along with us, hop over to the CASE Study blog, where you'll find all the details, fabulous inspiration and Linky tools to link up your creation!
Thank you so much for coming :)
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job of CASE-ing yourself! I imagine that would be pretty difficult?! I love these colours - they're so bold!

    I'm going to have to spend DAYS looking through everything on your blog now to try and choose something to CASE - there are so many beautiful things to choose from! I'll do my best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow when I visited your blog I thought I made a mistake we have choosen the same background, hi,hi, great minds think alike lol.....
    Lovely layout isn't it?

    Love your take on your card. I'm now off browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Although I can't imagine you ever not knowing what you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Julie on this one! Oh and those colours certainly pack a punch - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color combo, background stamping and that fabulous ribbon treatment, so simple yet so effective! Wonderful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS...that ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those colors are just striking together! Gorgeous flower and gorgeous patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012