Saturday, 6 August 2011

A little kraft lovin'

Last post for tonight... I had a crafty evening!
Oh, wasn't it a fun day?? I'm looking forward to my first Limelight post tomorrow, but before that happens, snuggling in bed with a good book sounds like a great idea.
I will do just that, once I'm finished sharing these with you... so here goes!

Firstly, a CAS card - I really like this one. I combined a couple of seemingly unmatching elements on it, but I think they work well. What do you think?

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, PTI (Hibiscus Burst), white; stamps: PTI (Beautiful Blooms II, Say It With Style); ink: Memento (Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud), PTI (Fresh Snow); pink Copic marker (R32); sticker: Pink Paislee Artisan Elements; buttons

I used the sketch from FTL152, and the colours/theme of Embellish Coloring Color Trends Challenge. I did an unusual thing and instead of pulling out my Copics to colour an image, I only filled in the letters with a little bit of pink.



I've got a little bit of shabbiness too, on this card:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, cream; paper: Prima (Botanical); stamps: The Craft's Meow (Butterfly Kisses); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); sewing machine; Nestabilities Labels 14; grosgrain ribbon; paper flowers; decorative trim; buttons; paper piercer

This time the sketch comes from The Craft's Meow August sketch challenge, and the colours from Kathy's Color Palette at Lily Pad Cards.



As always, thanks so much for taking the time to come, look and comment. Each visit is noted and greatly appreciated, and if you ever have any questions, I'm always trying to get back to you ASAP. Just remember to leave your email address, if you intend to do so :)
I hope you'll have a good day! I'll see you tomorrow :)
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh I'm lovin' your kraft goodness...especially what you've done with The Craft's Meow sketch...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful! Your first card has finally helped me to realize something I can do with a bunch of similar frames! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...both cards are sensational! I especially love the bold color and design in the first one. You used the Lily Pad Palette colors so perfectly on your vintage style card...so many pretty elements that add up to a really stylish card. Thanks for joining the color challenge at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous projects!! Wow! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects dearie!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different and both very beautiful cards. Love CAS and your use of the colors on the 2nd one is very beautiful. Love that butterfly kisses stamp!

    Thanks for joining us at the Lily Pad Cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful cards! I adore the bright colours on the first one, and the shabbiness of the 2nd. Nicely done!!!!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them both! LOVE the fairy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa.. what a creative mind you have!! Love those bright colors on the kraft... how unique and perfect is this!! Have always loved the fairy with the dandelion!! Both excellent cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card. I love the big flowers. They are my fave! Good luck in the contest!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, you always delight me with your lovely creations!!! Thanks so much for showcasing Butterfly Kisses with your beautiful art. I LOVE it!!! A gorgeous take on Kathy's color palette, too.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards - I love the white frame on the first one - so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are super fabulous! Thanks for taking on Embellishes Coloring Color Trends Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that little fairy image - she made into a fabulous card using the LPC colors! Thanks so much for playing with us, Chupa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful cards, Chupa!! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad you gave up reading to create this mimi masterpiece! Love everything about this beautiful card! Stunning! Thanks for playing long with the Lily Pad Palette Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning the Gilded Lily from Lily Pad Cards. Your card is beautiful! Totally my kind of card :) I think I might have to start following your blog now for sources of continual inspiration! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012