Sunday, 7 August 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #23

My apologies for such a terribly belated sketch this week! Not only I forgot about it yesterday, but I had to abandon the card that I was preparing for the sketch, this morning, and resumed it only late evening. I don't like when there's such a long gap, I usually "lose the plot", and the card doesn't come together as I had it in mind. This is exactly what happened now :/
Anyway, there sketch has finally arrived, and I hope you'll like it! :)



The background for my card, strongly inspired by Mariana's card here, was made by scoring the lines with my Scor-Buddy.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (burgundy), cream; stamps: Flourishes (Ferns & Fiddles); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Pumice Stone), Versa Color (various colours); Nestabilities Ovals/Labels 18; wrinkled ribbon; Scor-Buddy; buttons; lace: Kaisercraft; edge distresser; butterfly punch: Martha Srewart/Cristina Re

The colours for my card, were chosen for The Shades of Sunset challenge over at Flourishes (FLLCAUG11)


---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC23.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Have fun :)
Photobucket


7 comments:

  1. Lovely card. The colours are so rich and everything comes together so beautifully. Love the embossed background which inspires me to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! I too need to try a scored background!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - Love my Score pal - may try this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colors--especially the red. I love the scored lines. I was wondering if that could be done on a score board--now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing card! Wowza.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012