Saturday, 27 August 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #26

Hello, inky friends! It's been a fun Saturday here, I hope yours turns out well too.
I'm bringing you another vertical sketch, as you know that's how I love them :) If you want more horizontal sketches, let me know and I'll make sure that some will come your way.
I really like this layout. It came to me in a flash this afternoon and I knew I'm going to make it into the Sketchbook. I think this bay "window" makes things more interesting, but feel free to substitute it for any shape you want!



I've been to Paperific (craft expo) in Melbourne today and I picked some Hero Arts stamps that were on my list for as long as I remember :) I LOVE their big bold sentiments, and I'm ecstatic that I can finally ink up that butterfly!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: cream, PTI (Melon Berry); paper: My Mind's Eye (Be Loved); stamps: Hero Arts (Antique Engravings, Friends Are Treasures); ink: Versa Magic (Oasis Green), Versa Color (Celadon), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); Copics; border punch: Fiskars; sewing machine

I used these lovely colours from PDCC96. I was especially excited when I first saw this week's challenge, as this is my favourite combo at the moment :)



---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC26.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Have fun :)
Photobucket


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! excellent use of these colors and love the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always Chupa love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Chupa! I do like both vertical and horizontal sketches to play with. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS sketch! Love your card..great colour scheme and that butterfly image is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Chupa - i adore your colour combo - reminds me of watermelon Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !
    Hope I get time to play along this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Chupa, greast use of the bolder shades for the color challenge! Reminds me of sweet summer melons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color combo is amazing! So is your card! I also recently got that stamp set, still need to ink it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colorful butterfly is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! That butterfly is stunning! :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the sketch and your card is fabulous, your take on the colours is perfect!
    mine take on the sketch will be coming your way on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is always beautiful and your sketch is lovely - I look forward to playing more!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous array of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous sketch Chupa... and your card is gorgeous! The butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card Chupa... and I looove the sketch. I allready made a card for PDCC challenge and I allready checked out your card for a few times now, but not untill today, when I decided to leave you a comment, I realized that you have your own challenge running here. I will try to make a card for it. Hope I manage... since my little girls are keeping me quite busy these days.

    Have a great day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found your sketch at Feline Playful and loved it! I think it's one I'll save and use again too. :) And what a beautiful sample you created for it too - butterfly cards are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love how that giant sentiment pulls it all together. A great, clean card. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012