Saturday, 3 September 2011

Jay Gee's Nook - Sending Warm Thoughts

Happy Sunday!! I hope it's sunny, lazy and sweet for all of you. It's Father's day today in Australia and I can't wait to give hubby a special present from Chuplet - a mug that she painted herself! It's my little sweetie's first craft project, you can officially call me a proud mama :D
(I'll pass mentioning the mess that she did of herself while getting artsy...)

Today is also a perfect time to announce some more happy news, and that is another lovely Design Team that yours truly is joining as of today - Jay Gee's Nook!! Hooray!!
JGSNOOK_LOGO

The selection of stamps and supplies in the JG's Nook Store is so good it makes me giddy. I hope you'll pop in there when you have the time. Judith is also the sweetest gal and it's always a pleasure to deal with her :)

On to my card! I used the stamps from Boy & His Dog Snow Adorable MFT set. Adorable is right!!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, white, Canson (red, blue, grey); stamps: My Favorite Things (Boy & His Dog Snow Adorable); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Balck), Versa Color (Sky Gray); Copics; Nestabilities Circles

I used the colours and the theme (stripes), from the Embellish Stripes Color Trends Challenge. I thought the technique that Ashley used on her sample card looks way cool, so I copied it. I basically just cut the stripes of various width from cardstock, adhered it diagonally to the white paper and cut off the excess bits. I love the bumpy texture of it!
I also used the sketch from JAI83, but put in the banner instead of the row of buttons.



If we're not already, we're soon off to the grandparents for a lovely Father's Day afternoon. I hope to jump into the craft room later in the evening, when things calm down.
Smooches,
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Iwona this is one gorgeous card, your colouring and the depth that you have achieved is amazing...I am so pleased that you have joined the team and looking forward to working with you...big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team Iwona :) This is a fantastic card and your colouring is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated by the appearance of texture in your Copic coloring. Was this from the paper that you used, or did you use a particular technique to achieve this look? I really am in awe of your coloring!
    Pam
    www.1pamperedstamper.blogspot.com
    phornschu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You design team diva you :) Glad they found you! Great card for the combo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is phenomenal! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Chick, welcome and I have been so looking forward to you starting with us. Gorgeous card as usual. Cheers Ange

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you in the team Iwona :) your colour skills are just amazing :)

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! You are one busy chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is just fabulous on this - adorable image and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So ... cute with awesome colouring. Thanks for joining in with the sketch challenge at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing again at Just Add Ink this week Chupa, love your colouring on this image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So super cute! This just makes me smile so much!

    Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012