Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Just for fun

Good evening, tweets! I'm sorry for a super quick post - I'm off to work early tomorrow but I wanted to share these before I head to bed.
I'm very happy with the outcome, they're super cheerful and that's how I wanted them to be. I think I needed to lift my spirits up a bit by doing so - tomorrow is my first full shift and I'm a bit nervous :)

The first card is made with the My Mind's Eye blog challenge #27 (see sketch below). I actually used the new Christmas line on it, 12 Days Of Christmas. I LOVE the papers that give me the versatility of being used throughout the year, not only for holiday projects.

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, American Crafts (red); papers: My Mind's Eye (12 Days Of Christmas); stamps: Hero Arts (Friends Are Treasures); ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Memento (Bamboo Leaves), Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); butterfly punches: Cristina Re, Martha Stewart; border punches: EK Success, Martha Stewart; buttons; flower: Wild Orchid Crafts; pearl: Scrapbooking Bitz

Here's the super cool sketch - as you can see, I skewed the panels :)



And another one... I thought this little girl would look cool holding a flag :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: recycled kraft, Core'Dinations (embossed aqua); papers: Cosmo Cricket (Material Girl), October Afternoon (5 & Dime - girl only); die-cuts: SEI; ink: Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap); toothpick; buttons

This time I used the SSSC134 sketch (turned it on the side), as well as the gorgeous colour combo if CC340 (Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Pool Party).



I hope you enjoyed this post! Wish me luck for tomorrow, I'll see you some time soon I'm sure!
(oh of course, there is a new CASE Study challenge launching tomorrow... and you're up for a treat from our Muse...)
Hugs,
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. That is a cute line! I love how it's applicable to non-Christmas projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just darling! I love your take on the sketch too - the popped up image is adorable! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards!! Love that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how each of the panels on your first card is askew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope work went ok in the end :o)

    Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card Iwona! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute, Chupa!! I love the bright colors of both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them BOTH...the first one is so graphic with those geometric patterns and I love the butterflies and buttons...the second one is SO darling! Love that image and that DP...so retro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning job on the sketch in the 1st one, love how you have 'skewed' the papers- amazing effect, love the colour mix too!! super cute 2nd one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012