Saturday, 17 September 2011

Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #29

Ready to get sketchy, inky friends?? I've got a funky one for you this week, get wild with it :)



I did on my sample card what I love most - combining stamps! Three different companies' stamps on this one, and if not for the chippie embellishment, there could have been more :)

Photobucket

Supplies: PTI (Rustic Cream), teal, Canson (grey, brown); paper: Echo Park Paper; stamps: Hero Arts (Fabulous Flourish), PTI (Think Big Favorites #4), Layers Of Color (Merci Bouquet); ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa, London Fog), Versa Magic (Turquoise Gem); border punch: EK Success; Nestabilities Ovals/Scalloped Ovals; Chipboard heart/Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels (Silver); buttons; sewing machine; flower: Wild Orchid Crafts

I decided to tackle the Embellish Paint or Mist Color Trends Challenge. It was a hard one, a true challenge for me. Not only I would rarely ever use either paint or mist, but the colours really got me stumped too.


Luckily enough I have these mistable chipboard shapes from Tattered Angels, and a lone bottle of Glimmer Mist in just the right colour. After spraying it on the heart (what a cool effect!), I also sprayed the card with it, randomly, and I'm glad I did 'cause it sparkles beautifully. Here's a better view of the shimmer:


---------------------------------------------------

A few things to keep in mind if you decide to use my sketch:
- You're kindly asked to save the image onto your computer first, and if you make a card based on it, please link back to this post.
- If you upload your card to an online gallery, please use the code SSC29.
- Please share the link to your creation via the Inlinkz widget, so that I can come and check it out. I would love to see what you did with it!
- The colours/elements mean nothing towards the card. All styles, colours and supplies, as well as slight alterations of the sketch are welcome.
- A new sketch and sample is posted every Saturday, but you're welcome to play any time! Just leave a link in the comments section after Inlinkz widget closes.
---------------------------------------------------
Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does not look like you struggled AT ALL! I love your card and how beautifully you brought each of the elements together!! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sketch and your take on it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous eclectic mix of stamps!!the colours are amazing and the banner is just so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012