Monday, 3 October 2011

BBB15 - Beauty of a Technique

Hi, friends! It's the first Monday of the month, and it means it's time for a new Bring Back Beautiful challenge! This time we're asking you to focus on a technique. Any technique that you pick, rocks our boat!



If you're not big on them (as I am), you might want to check out the Resources on Splitcoast Stampers, you will probably find there a tutorial for every technique ever invented :)

Link up your Bringing Back Beautiful Challenge creation here! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword BBB15. You have until October 31st to enter.
As we unveil our challenge for next month, we’ll share our True Beauties – those card makers who wowed us with this challenge! Winners will be featured on the Flourishes Blog and will receive a True Beauty blog button to display proudly on their blog.

I reached for two of my new "babies" for this card - Butterflies & Blossoms and Berry Sweet.
The technique that I used was completely new to me, it's called Bleached Out Images, and you can check the tut for it here on SCS. I picked this one as it looked fabulous.
As I found out, my recycled kraft cardstock must have the components that react to bleaching differently, and so not all of the image was affected. I'm intrigued to try it once again in the near future, and next time I'll pick a different cardstock, to see whether I have more luck with even distribution of bleach :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (black), recycled kraft, white; paper: My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose - Gertie); stamps: Flourishes (Butterflies & Blossoms, Berry Sweet); ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Copics; clear embossing powder; sewing machine; Pink Paislee Artisan Elements; embossing folder: Couture Creations; bleach & watercolour brush

I reached for the CPS238 sketch:



Make sure you'll visit the rest of the Team's blogs, to see what technique-laden beauties they cooked up for the challenge!

Cindy Coutts
Heather Jensen
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Laura Fredrickson
Yvonne Hagane
Mona Pendleton

Thanks so much for visiting! xxx
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Awesome technique Iwona!!! I love these sets too and as always, your card is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant! Thanks so much for your lovely comment.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect of the bleach! The image looks amazing. Love every detail of your card Iwonad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the uneven distribution of the bleach...it looks more natural. I tried this technique when she posted the video and I had a huge mess. Yours turned out much prettier. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! thanks for joining us at CPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love, love your card! It's such a pretty technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love, love your card! It's such a pretty technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Chupa! What a fabulous technique! The flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012