Monday, 24 October 2011

Buttons, buttons...

Hi sweets, how's your Monday going? Mine has been long and tiring - uh, one of these days when it rains all day, and you don't really feel like doing much but you have to.
I thought I'd relax a wee bit before going to bed, doing what I like most, of course... not exactly my high mojo card, but it did the job :)

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Canson (brown, white); paper: Authentique (Journey); stamps: PTI (Blooming Button Bits); ink: Versa Magic (Spanish Olive), Memento (Tuxedo Black); Nestabilities Circles; paper piercer; border punch: Fiskars; sewing machine; buttons: Basic Grey

I made it with the Embellish Buttons Color Trends Challenge. I've been putting it away for long enough, and I thought I should probably tackle it some time before the deadline. I wanted to come up with something creative, but not being exactly in the mood for experiments, I decided to dust off the good ole' PTI set.
This lovely sketch comes from Freshly Made Sketches (FMS7). I found it on a friend's blog the other day, and really wanted to use. It's right up my alley!




Tomorrow start the October release previews for There She Goes, I hope you'll join us! You're going to love it :) Thanks for coming, friends!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Hi Chupa,
    Wonderful paper! Love the funky, fresh feel! So happy you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background paper - just sets off the buttons and leaves perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way you integrated the buttons with the main image. Really nice. Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I love the clean look of the focal stamp combined with that fun DSP! The buttons are perfect! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on this sketch...absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I wish my mojo was somewhere near your low mojo. LOL. You are so talented, and there are so many out here in blog land that love WHATEVER you post. And I love that you pulled out an older set of stamps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I do love that Authentic paper. I also love the new look of your blog. Sleep well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, I love the blue/yellow/brown colour combination, that blue background paper is so vibrant. Those yellow buttons are gorgeous. After seeing your card I just had to check out the PTI site (first time) and oh my goodness I have just made myself an enormous wishlist for their stamps! Thanks for the inspiration, your blog is just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those button flowers just jump off the card in front of that fantastic colorful paper! The tone on tone border is a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. You might think this is just another ole card, but I LOVE it!!!! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep ... this is a real beauty in my eyes ... I love your button embellishements and I love how you have popped up that main panel and created instant dimension ... beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one and I just love that sketch thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the fact that the borders have the same colour as the background! A subtle but beautiful look! I really like this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great background color choice choosen.
    Flowers are great too with soft colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012